BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun - Page 2

BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun

This is a discussion on BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OperatorJ So she just decided to leave the bag at the security checkpoint and board her flight? According to the Fox news ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    So she just decided to leave the bag at the security checkpoint and board her flight? According to the Fox news update... the gun actually made it onto the plane somehow... it just doesn't make sense to me how though.
    Hey, I am just guessing here. The news hasn't been that accurate so far so I thought I would be a contributing reporter. I don't think I could do any worse LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Hey, I am just guessing here. The news hasn't been that accurate so far so I thought I would be a contributing reporter. I don't think I could do any worse LOL.
    LOL... fair point. I am very curious to see how this plays out and what ACTUALLY happened here. If she got through the TSA checkpoint like the story is suggesting... prepare for the strip searches and mandatory complete bag checks of all carry-ons by TSA. Pack your underwear in checked baggage!

VIP Member
    It would appear that she wasn't stopped during the security screening. She got on her flight and then the flight was stopped and she was removed from the flight. I'm betting that there were some security failures by the TSA screeners and the situation is now being 'spun' due to the breakdown of procedure.

LOL... fair point. I am very curious to see how this plays out and what ACTUALLY happened here. If she got through the TSA checkpoint like the story is suggesting... prepare for the strip searches and mandatory complete bag checks of all carry-ons by TSA. Pack your underwear in checked baggage!
    Don't get me started on violation of our rights. The mods would be banning me in a heart beat! But back to topic. I think I am right. If I am wrong and it got on board after a screening....somebody should be in deep doo doo. Good thing they aren't unionized...they would still keep their jobs...oops off topic again LOL

Play it this way:

Bag goes through X-ray. She goes through screening and picks up bag.

By the time TSA identifies a weapon she is gone and boards plane.

This is my speculation,and why I am not a fan of purse or off body carry,when you throw a gun in your purse you carry it everywhere without even thinking you have a gun,you can even forget to take it out when running around getting packed for a trip,but if you have to holster a gun before leaving the house,you become aware every day that you are carrying
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    This is my speculation,and why I am not a fan of purse or off body carry,when you throw a gun in your purse you carry it everywhere without even thinking you have a gun,you can even forget to take it out when running around getting packed for a trip,but if you have to holster a gun before leaving the house,you become aware every day that you are carrying
    You know, that something I've never considered. But you're right. if I didn't have to go through the procedure of putting on my firearm every time I leave the house, it would be easier to forget that I have it.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That would make sense. And if it is the case where she legitimately forgot it was in there (I still have a hard time with that, but will admit that others may not be as aware or careful as I am with regards to firearms), what would stop a TSA goon from saying "Hey, you have a firearm in your carry-on, go put it in your car and come back through security."? For crying out loud... why does it need to be a big deal and someone get arrested, harassed all day, possibly longer with drawn-out legal repercussions? And possibly lose her CHL (if she has one, the stories are unclear about that).

The BIG fail here is TSA... they do pat-downs, scan your body, your bags, have you remove your shoes, etc, etc, etc.... and then they miss a GUN? So the question is... what else has gotten through that they quietly pushed aside and hoped no one else found out about? How effective is all of this anything then? Are we really any safer after having paid extra on our airfare for these goons? I realize I may have stepped on a soapbox somewhere in there... I digress... back to the topic at hand...
    Hopyard likes this.

That would make sense. And if it is the case where she legitimately forgot it was in there (I still have a hard time with that, but will admit that others may not be as aware or careful as I am with regards to firearms), what would stop a TSA goon from saying "Hey, you have a firearm in your carry-on, go put it in your car and come back through security."? For crying out loud... why does it need to be a big deal and someone get arrested, harassed all day, possibly longer with drawn-out legal repercussions? And possibly lose her CHL (if she has one, the stories are unclear about that).
    Here's the big deal: How can you know if she is telling the truth about forgetting the gun in the purse? I think it would take more than a quick Q&A. You think at a minimum they would do a NICS check or something. Then they say Okee okee, go back to your car and lock it up, hurry back through security and make your flight. People here know I am NO fan of TSA. How do ya know she isn't trying to get it on board the plane and with your "get tough" policy she knows the worst that can happen is she will be told to put it in her car. Our security is stupid and Draconian to begin with. You have a better chance of getting thrown in jail for taking one to a post office. But I for one agree with the no guns at airports and airplanes. It is not a confusing rule like how much toothpaste you can take on board. I swear, anti's visit these forums and think gun owners beleive they should get a pass for being stupid.

VIP Member
    This thread has sort of fizzled out. Last I saw about the story, she is a 65 year old lawyer who simply forgot that it was in her
    hand bag. The last news story I saw didn't elaborate on the rest of the stuff about her getting all the way to the plane or what TSA's excuse for allowing that--- if it happened at all-- might be.

I've a hunch there was much less to the whole event than the original story suggested.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    You know, that something I've never considered. But you're right. if I didn't have to go through the procedure of putting on my firearm every time I leave the house, it would be easier to forget that I have it.
    Or, she has a bag she uses for the range that she then packed for a trip? Less likely, I guess, but I'm sure there are many people who might be at risk of that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links