BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun

This is a discussion on BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Story running on FoxDFW: TSA: Woman Had Gun in Carry-On at DFW Airport Not a lot of info posted, but it appears she "ran" after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun

BAD: (And Stupid) Woman Attempts to go Through Security at DFW w/Gun

Story running on FoxDFW:

TSA: Woman Had Gun in Carry-On at DFW Airport

Not a lot of info posted, but it appears she "ran" after it was discovered in her carry-on bag... not a good sign.

OpJ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Do we have a lot of people living under rocks? You would think with, as many instances on the news people should know, do not try to get a gun through airport security.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You would think... but clearly she did not. I'm more curious if it was that "she forgot" (I don't know how you forget that you have a gun on your person, but ok), or if there was mal-intent. If it was a hostile act... against whom?

OpJ

But wait. According to the poll earlier with the lady from Tenn most said just give her a warning. It is obviously way to hard for responsible people to remember all these silly little rules. And the article said she left, not "ran". So I guess for that a fine would be appropriate (sarcasm off)

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    But wait. According to the poll earlier with the lady from Tenn most said just give her a warning. It is obviously way to hard for responsible people to remember all these silly little rules. And the article said she left, not "ran". So I guess for that a fine would be appropriate (sarcasm off)
    Haha... no, the article did not say she ran... but it does say that she "left before the screening process was complete"... Not sure if that means she freaked out and ran when they found the gun or if she got tired of waiting to be patted down, or what.

Before yall going out and pointing fingers think about this. IF you are carrying full time CCW, after a time it just becomes second nature, and oftentimes we forget we are even "packin". I know it's happened to me several times, when I may have been where I shouldn't have been, and then realize I'm carrying. It's easy to forget, especially if you've been carrying for many years.
    Freedom Doc likes this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    coming of age are the people who went to elementary school during the time when everyone was 'special'
    and what ever you did was not wrong--it was right; though perhaps in a different setting but you were never to be told you were wrong.
    heaven help the teacher that told a kid they were wrong --the parents would demand the teachers job!

so, having grown up, they now have fault to spread about for all but themselves.
    the attitude of --"if you have a problem with something I'm doing...well, thats your problem--you deal with it"
    don't work well up against the mommie state authorities, especially the zero tolerance ( zero thought) TSA.

------------------

putting a gun on is a conscious action.
    knowing where you are going today and dressing accordingly is a conscious thought.
    and allowing that events may have you to change plans after you leave the house.

if you are likely to 'forget' you are carrying a gun, perhaps you shouldn't.
    at least till you have retrained yourself. otherwise, the gun may get you into more trouble with the law than
    the grief it may have saved you against a bad situation.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Before yall going out and pointing fingers think about this. IF you are carrying full time CCW, after a time it just becomes second nature, and oftentimes we forget we are even "packin". I know it's happened to me several times, when I may have been where I shouldn't have been, and then realize I'm carrying. It's easy to forget, especially if you've been carrying for many years.
    That's a joke right. It was at an airport!!!!! Again, we suppose to be responsible law abiding firearm owners and you are publicly saying we that sometimes we forget if we are armed or not!? Anti's would love that one. I guess I am an oddball. I guess I always no where my weapon is.

So that's what the news trucks were out there for this a.m. in Term. D. Third trip out there is a.m. & there they were. Maybe she was just "testing" them.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

UPDATE:

Plane Left Gate With Gun on Board, DFW Airport Says

Apparently, the gun somehow made it onto the aircraft and the plane departed before the TSA screeners were able to alert the pilots about the gun onboard. I guess they were scheduled for a coffee break... and a long one too... according to the news update, there was about 90 minutes between the time the lady went through security and the time the plane departed. But something doesn't quite make sense to me... the gun made it onboard the aircraft... which suggests the woman was onboard at some point.. but she is now in custody. Did the TSA "agents" forget to get the bag with the gun in it when they grabbed the woman???

I'd say there is a huge difference. There are lots of different rules in different states. You pretty much have to look them up before you travel to that state, otherwise it is impossible to remember them all. But the airport is a big no-no. And since she's in Texas (assuming she has a CHL, which remains to be seen) I know for a fact that is part of the curriculum we have to cover in CHL class. And it really doesn't matter which airport it is, either. What we don't cover is all of the rules in other states.

So, yes. I could see how the lady in NY could have made that mistake. But I could not see the airport unless a person has Alzheimer's or something.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    UPDATE:

Plane Left Gate With Gun on Board, DFW Airport Says

Apparently, the gun somehow made it onto the aircraft and the plane departed before the TSA screeners were able to alert the pilots about the gun onboard. I guess they were scheduled for a coffee break... and a long one too... according to the news update, there was about 90 minutes between the time the lady went through security and the time the plane departed. But something doesn't quite make sense to me... the gun made it onboard the aircraft... which suggests the woman was onboard at some point.. but she is now in custody. Did the TSA "agents" forget to get the bag with the gun in it when they grabbed the woman???
    I read that too.. and I'm totally confused. Unless the lady carried the bag on board, how did it get there?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I read that too.. and I'm totally confused. Unless the lady carried the bag on board, how did it get there?
    Exactly. Which means some TSA goons are going to get their a$$es handed to them if in fact they went and grabbed the lady off the flight but LEFT THE GUN ONBOARD! But something just doesn't add up wih the story that Fox is producing right now...

Since we are guessing now. My wager is she packed a firearm in her checked bags and did not declare it. The screeners found out in the checked bag area. It never was on the plane . They went to get her but she had already boarded.

Since we are guessing now. My wager is she packed a firearm in her checked bags and did not declare it. The screeners found out in the checked bag area. It never was on the plane . They went to get her but she had already boarded.
    So she just decided to leave the bag at the security checkpoint and board her flight? According to the Fox news update... the gun actually made it onto the plane somehow... it just doesn't make sense to me how though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links