Visitor Shoots Home Invasion Suspect Dead

This is a discussion on Visitor Shoots Home Invasion Suspect Dead within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After the recent thread and heated discussion about carrying a gun into a friends house and informing them or not, I thought I'd post this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitor Shoots Home Invasion Suspect Dead

After the recent thread and heated discussion about carrying a gun into a friends house and informing them or not, I thought I'd post this incident.

Obviously, if your state requires you notify every homeowner prior to entering you should do so. But there are only like 3 states which require that.

But for all those who think an incident won't happen in their home, keep on thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFox Houston
    Updated: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 8:44 PM CST
    Published : Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 8:44 PM CST

Read more: Visitor Shoots Home Invasion Suspect Dead

HOUSTON - A home invasion suspect was fatally shot at a southeast Houston apartment complex Friday evening.

The shooting occurred around 7 p.m. at Roandale and Dumore drives.

Houston Police say a group of people gathered at the door of a homeowner and knocked on the door.

When the homeowner answered the door, the group forcibly rushed their way inside.

A visitor at the home pulled out a weapon and shot at one of the suspects, killing him.

The others fled the scene.

No other injuries were reported.

Read more: Visitor Shoots Home Invasion Suspect Dead
    I know it's a sketchy story, but hey, I didn't write it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Why would you open the door to a mob? Luckily it wasn't a suprise birthday party, or something like that. Of course, I wasn't there and don't know what the group was doing or saying as they rushed in.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

OOPS!
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Good thing it actually "was" a home invasion taking place, or the visitor would be in a heap O trouble. However, since all is good, good on him.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I just wish the story had more details. That was about as poorly written story I've read in a while.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Man those groups of Home Invasion guys are SUCH chickens. Run awayyyy, Run awayyy!

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Good thing it actually "was" a home invasion taking place, or the visitor would be in a heap O trouble. However, since all is good, good on him.
    Sounds like it was a home invasion to me.
    When the homeowner answered the door, the group forcibly rushed their way inside.
    Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; January 21st, 2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    Man those groups of Home Invasion guys are SUCH chickens. Run awayyyy, Run awayyy!
    That's because they are a bunch of C.S. punks.

They don't expect to meet any resistance from their chosen victims. When the bullets start flying, all of a sudden they remember they had somewhere else to be.

I notice they didn't hang around to help their buddy out! Of course all he needed was a Coroner.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Good results..... good friend.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Thank God for Texas,forced entry= Deadly Force.Theres just one little problem,all of dead guys CS friends can now be charged with his homicide,if the DA decides he wants to go after them,they wouldn't be too hard to find just look for the guys with matching brown streaks in their drawers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    After the recent thread and heated discussion about carrying a gun into a friends house and informing them or not, I thought I'd post this incident.

Obviously, if your state requires you notify every homeowner prior to entering you should do so. But there are only like 3 states which require that.

But for all those who think an incident won't happen in their home, keep on thinking that.

I know it's a sketchy story, but hey, I didn't write it.
    If it was indeed a home invasion, I say (Way to go visitor!)

One dirt bag down and ever how many left to go...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Catch all of the suspects and charge them with felony murder.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I just wish the story had more details. That was about as poorly written story I've read in a while.
    The Houston Chronicle employ's liberal journalists with poor research and writing skills. Articles with little or misleading ibformation is the norm. In a recent story about some thugs the robbed a WalMart the stated that the robbers were armed with an SKS "which is an AK47 clone".

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    There's nothing about this story that does not lead me to believe that anti-home invasion strategy # 1, don't hang out with thugs, wouldn't still be the wisest course of action.
    Last edited by Chad Rogers; January 21st, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

What we have here is an "acute failure of the victim selection process".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links