Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

This is a discussion on Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DocPMD I absolutely love this quote from the Sheriff: “The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

Quote Originally Posted by DocPMD View Post
    I absolutely love this quote from the Sheriff:

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,”

Awesome!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Wait it just hit me... isn't this the very same county sheriff that about a month or two back made a public statement that it's time the law abiding citizens arm themselves? Spartanburg, SC? Right?
    Same one ,,,,,,he also said

"When you can get your barrel on the target quick, that's gun control." Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright
    We need more like HIM.
    Here is the old posting ,,,, where he advises to get CWP

http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html?taf=gs

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Same one ,,,,,,he also said

"When you can get your barrel on the target quick, that's gun control." Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright
    We need more like HIM.
    Yeah we do.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Pretty calm nerves and good shooting in a SHTF situation.

Pretty good outcome! Looks like he will be getting some free waffles!

“This kid wasn't a troublemaker,” the sheriff said.
    He was that day. The one day in his life where it mattered most.
    During a news conference Saturday night, Wright said even after the masked men entered the restaurant, the concealed weapons holder waited until the robbers began ordering customers to the floor and employees into the back - while waving a gun - to act. After pulling his .45-caliber Glock, the customer ordered the men to stay put until deputies arrived. Only after Williams pointed his Hi-Point 9mm at the man, did the customer fire, Wright said.
    Would I be wrong if in his position I had fired first and not given up my advantage of surprise to the robbers? The only reason I could see to announce myself would be if I had a duty to protect the lives of the robbers. If you believe your life is being threatened why would you do anything that helps your attackers?

Michael

One of the replies from the story in the link.
    He did it right -- he attempted to hold them for the police and did not fire until he was threatened with lethal force. It's a sad outcome, but I applaud his courage and clear thinking. Situations like this validate the 2nd Amendment.
    I do not understand this logic. If he was not threatened with lethal force why did he feel justified in producing his weapon? If he was threatened why even attempt to make an arrest or hold them?
    In my opinion he increased the danger to everyone present.

Michael
    hienykins likes this.

wonder what was said about all the waffle houses being posted?

I thought everyone in parts of Orlando were named Dante....apparently the same goes for parts of South Carolina.

Reminds me.....got go get a late breakfast at Waffle House.....Glock 19 - check, Kahr CW9 - check, wallet - check, cary keys - check - Rolaids - check.

OK , I'm good.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm not in the arresting business.

If I am in grave danger, and I draw my gun, I am not engaging in chit-chat.

The CCW was lucky to not get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I do not understand this logic. If he was not threatened with lethal force why did he feel justified in producing his weapon? If he was threatened why even attempt to make an arrest or hold them?

Michael
    Don't agree. You've got to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy on the scene. He felt the need to act and did, can't say I wouldn't have done the same because if some guy starts to waive a gun around and orders me to get on the ground I'm sure going to feel threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post

Michael
    the robbers had guns drawn and were ordering everyone to the floor and starting to herd the employees into the back and you don't think that the CCW holder was being threatened with lethal force? He had every right to open fire and kill both these dirt bags without announcing or speaking a word.

You draw a gun and point it at anyone in a robbery attempt while I am present and get prepared for "incoming". No words, just bullets.
    JCabranes, 8th ID, kal0 and 3 others like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

If I were there it might have gone down something like this.....

Dirtbag - This is a holdup!

Me - (heroically pointing weapon, looking more than a little bit like a better looking Bruce Willis)Drop the weapon or your brains will be Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Diced, Peppered, Capped, and Topped all over this freakin' counter!!!!!

I can dream, right?

Originally Posted by mlr1m

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by JCabranes View Post
    Don't agree. You've got to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy on the scene. He felt the need to act and did, can't say I wouldn't have done the same because if some guy starts to waive a gun around and orders me to get on the ground I'm sure going to feel threatened.
    I'm not sure we are on the same page here. The statement of mine you are answering was in response to the following statement a person made about the original story link.
    He did it right -- he attempted to hold them for the police and did not fire until he was threatened with lethal force. It's a sad outcome, but I applaud his courage and clear thinking. Situations like this validate the 2nd Amendment.
    They seemed to imply that the person was not initially being threatened and that holding the bad guys was the correct move. I maintain that his life was threatened as soon as the robbery began and that he should have used his weapon and not gave the robbers the chance to fight back.

Michael
    l1a1 likes this.

shot him in the head and chest. nice shot placement guy!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links