Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

This is a discussion on Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ponchsox As a CCW holder I wouldn't have gotten involved unless my life was in imminent danger. I'm not interested in getting ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    As a CCW holder I wouldn't have gotten involved unless my life was in imminent danger. I'm not interested in getting shot by two thugs trying to steal someone elses money. Had they starting shooting people or moving people to the back of the restaurant, that would be a different story. Be a good witness and let the police handle this.
    Get in the back, and be a good witness.
    Lay on the floor and be a good witness.
    BANG! BANG! Not such a good witness.

2. Remove Ads

I'll never understand people robbing places like Waffle House. If they had a really busy morning at about $6 per person, how much cash would they have on hand? 300 bucks tops? Stupid. Too bad the CCW holder was put in this position to begin with. I don't fault him because I wasn't there. Just a bad situation for everyone involved.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I'm not going to be shot while laying prone on the floor.
    I may be shot while defending myself, but not in the back or head while laying on the floor.
    That permit holder gave them a chance to surrender, I would be very worried about taking rounds doing that.
    If someone is waving a pistol ordering people to the floor I'm going into SD mode, refer back to first sentence.
    8th ID likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Get in the back, and be a good witness.
    Lay on the floor and be a good witness.
    BANG! BANG! Not such a good witness.
    I originally missed the part of ordering people to lie on the floor and get in the back. I would have done the same in SD. I stand corrected.

Personally, as soon as some BG is waving a gun around at Waffle House (or wherever) I figure it's time for him to be shot.

I'm not ordering him to freeze, I'm not waiting for him to take witnesses in the back or have them lay on the floor.
    mlr1m likes this.

They should give the CC hero a reward for keeping the thug from living off our tax dollars at the "Governor's University" for 10-20 years at 40k per year.

I'd love to see this on video. One or two BG's with guns and the CCW holder makes an arrest attempt and shoots only when the BG's guns are pointed at him? Sounds like Dantes parents will be speaking to a lawyer. Hope all is as stated and the CCW holder is fine.

I hope to NEVER be in any situation like this. But all that is required in my state (KY) is for me to BELIEVE my life is in danger. If there is a threat to my life, I can defend myself. Who knows how I would've handled this. But I won't be ordered to the floor. If a BG comes in waving a gun around THAT is a threat to my life.
    CDW4ME likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heyrakes View Post
    wonder what was said about all the waffle houses being posted?
    May want to come to Texas as ours are not,,,,they welcome customers....

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Personally, as soon as some BG is waving a gun around at Waffle House (or wherever) I figure it's time for him to be shot.

I'm not ordering him to freeze, I'm not waiting for him to take witnesses in the back or have them lay on the floor.
    This is the way I feel about it. Ordering him to freeze only puts everyone at more risk in my opinion.

Michael

To shoot or not to shoot, well, none of us were there actually. Who knows why this CCW guy decided to not shoot initially.

Maybe he had a good drop on the "subjects" and figured they would not want to get shot.

Could be the youthful appearence justified a hesitation to shoot but that changed when the "youth" did not comply with the order to drop their weapon and cease the robbery.

I know that in most circumstances people would be hesitant to shoot and kill another person if there was the slightest possibilty to avoid it. This case however ended badly for the would-be robber. He got someone with compassion but a willingness to kill if forced into that situation.

We all can armchair quarterback this but place any one of us into that same situation and we may do exactly what this man did. There is no such thing as a perfect shoot in a defensive situation, they are all different.
    WD54241, 8th ID and tkruf like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    Follow-up story.
    Kenneth Jowan Craig of Spartanburg charged in attempted robbery of Waffle House | GoUpstate.com

Other perp arrested.

GG is 22 years old and was very upset by the shooting. My prayers go out to him.

Sad,not only will they kill you for a few dollars,B.G's will put their life on the line for a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    So was there any charge made against the ccw shooter from the law, family of deceased, waffle house, miscellaneous liberal who was simply offended by the story?
    I don't know if the family of the deceased has filed suit yet but IT WILL HAPPEN. A good friend of mine shot a guy (police determined it was a good shoot) who was trying to rob him in a parking lot. He has been tied up in court for the past 5 years and the cost to him alone has been $150,000. Of course the scumbags family has a "contingency" lawyer waging the fight!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links