Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder. - Page 6

Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

This is a discussion on Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Revolving Mag - If one of my family members died attempting an armed robbery I would not be defending him. I was raised to believe ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.

Revolving Mag - If one of my family members died attempting an armed robbery I would not be defending him. I was raised to believe that you don't act that way. I would be tore up about it yes but I would understand that they got what was coming. Most of us have known someone close to us that were complete worthless pieces of crap and probably called them out on it. If the tables were turned and it was I who was involved you can take to the bank that I would receive no support from my friends or family. They may still love me but wouldn't hesitate to identify me as a waste and thusly keep their distance.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Same in SC.
    Thats nice to know. Good for Michael Harrison, he went far above and beyond what was required of him. Its nice to know the family cant ruin his life in court.

People who think that "back-shooting" is legally unjustified and morally contemptible need to get their heads out of B-grade westerns of the 30's.

Just because someone has his back to you does NOT mean that he is not a threat, to you, or to the people he is directly waving his gun at.

There is a violent felony in progress, according to the laws where I have lived, I can act on behalf of the people directly endangered, assuming they would be legally in the right to use deadly force in their own self defense. If it is happening in my presence, I am PERSONALLY at risk. I am in reasonable fear for my own life.

Would I sneak up and shoot a robber in the back of the head? If I had that shot available, ABSOLUTELY.

I'm not in the arresting business, I'm not in the "give the robber a fair fight" business.
    I'm in the staying alive business. I'm in the not getting shot business.

Try a Force on Force exercise with airsoft pistols, see how fast someone turns and shoots you while you holler commands.
    See who gets shot, and how much.

Force on Force will chase a lot of silly ideas right out of your head.

Revmag: someone who makes a decision to threaten murder in a robber does not deserve "respect" or sympathy in the slightest.
    "he was a human being" big deal, so was the person he was ready to murder.
    He chose robbery, he risked murder, he got death. TOO FLIPPING BAD for him.
    If the CCW had better training and tactics, he might have got both robbers.

Yes, I am very unsympathetic to the family members of an armed robber who gets killed,
    I am much more sympathetic to the family members
    of the people there who still have their non-criminal loved ones.

I'm not much for the moral equivilence of murderers and those whom they would murder,

I side with the people who did NOT choose to commit murder that day.
    I'm funny that way.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links