wow NY turns on NYPD - Page 3

wow NY turns on NYPD

This is a discussion on wow NY turns on NYPD within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bugboy That just goes to show ya ------- don't live in NY!! Don't swim a cesspool either.............. Only under severe duress will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: wow NY turns on NYPD

Quote Originally Posted by bugboy View Post
    That just goes to show ya ------- don't live in NY!!

Don't swim a cesspool either.............. Only under severe duress will I ever be within sight of the NY border!

People who weren't there shouldn't armchair QB this event. I remember when this went down. I was still pretty new in my LE career.

BG parks his vette in a private parking lot. Goes to another establishment that is NOT in the same parking lot. PO's dad puts a "No Parking" sticker of some sort on his window. BG gets pissed and gets a bat. PO shoots him in SD. Whether the bat was in full swing or not is irrelevent. Him having the bat and approaching aggressively is enough to shoot justifiably. PO's don't have to retreat, they have a duty to act.

Rich was a PO in the NYPD. This incident occurred in Dobbs Ferry. While they are not that far geographically, they are worlds apart. It never should have happened this way. The DA at the time, Pirro, was looking to make a name for herself for frying a cop. Google her now. She had her own legal woes when she tried to bug her husband's boat b/c she thought he was stepping out with the goumada. Now she has a BS court TV show.

Sometimes I'm embarassed to live in this state, but it is where my family is. It is where my career is.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    People who weren't there shouldn't armchair QB this event. I remember when this went down. I was still pretty new in my LE career.

BG parks his vette in a private parking lot. Goes to another establishment that is NOT in the same parking lot. PO's dad puts a "No Parking" sticker of some sort on his window. BG gets pissed and gets a bat. PO shoots him in SD. Whether the bat was in full swing or not is irrelevent. Him having the bat and approaching aggressively is enough to shoot justifiably. PO's don't have to retreat, they have a duty to act.

Rich was a PO in the NYPD. This incident occurred in Dobbs Ferry. While they are not that far geographically, they are worlds apart. It never should have happened this way. The DA at the time, Pirro, was looking to make a name for herself for frying a cop. Google her now. She had her own legal woes when she tried to bug her husband's boat b/c she thought he was stepping out with the goumada. Now she has a BS court TV show.

Sometimes I'm embarassed to live in this state, but it is where my family is. It is where my career is.
    The only thing we can do is sit here and speculate. We all are saying that either some details are missing, or that is screwed up. And from the details that we were just told, because of this DA, what she did was just sickening. I had one of my co-workers read the story, and based off what he read in his opinion, clear cut SD. He was a LEO and detective for 21+ years. And i believe when i say this, i speak for most on the DC, that we do not mean to insult you, we are just fed up with NY. And when we talk about LEO's we understand you are just doing your job, you dont have to like it, but it feeds the family and pays the bills. If that is where your family is, its understandable. But i still stand by it, i do not want to end up dealing with DA's like that, so i will ccw, and avoid NY unless things change. And i will stand by this LEO, because from my understanding, and with what you said, i believe he did what was right.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links