Downright Ugly : Elderly Couple Shot and Beaten

This is a discussion on Downright Ugly : Elderly Couple Shot and Beaten within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just sick. The thug 36 years old and obsessed with the couple's 19 year old grand daughter attacked the couple. Too bad they ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Downright Ugly : Elderly Couple Shot and Beaten

Downright Ugly : Elderly Couple Shot and Beaten

This is just sick. The thug 36 years old and obsessed with the couple's 19 year old grand daughter attacked the couple. Too bad they were not armed and placed this nut case in a long steel box complete with embalming fluid.

What the heck is wrong with people these days?

LOGAN COUNTY, W.Va. A man from Logan County is facing charges after a shooting at a home near Man.

The alleged crime happened Monday on Lieber Lane in Claypool. That's near Man.

Logan County Sheriff's Deputies tell WSAZ.com Shawn Belcher, 36, of Logan County, was obsessed with a 19-year-old in Logan who lived behind his parents. On Monday, deputies say Belcher went to the victim's grandparents house and shot the victim's grandfather, Dewey Rose, in the face and then beat her grandmother, Gaynell.

The 19-year-old was at the home but was unharmed.

Dewey and Gaynell were taken to a local hospital. They're expected to be okay.

It's still not clear what led up to the shooting.

Deputies say this isn't the first time Belcher has been in trouble with the law. Investigators say Belcher was arrested back in December for trespassing and refusing to leave the victim's property.

According to a spokesperson with Logan County Schools, Belcher was a former substitute teacher in the county. However, he has not taught at any schools in Logan County this year.

Belcher is charged with attempted murder and daytime burglary. Deputies say more charges could be filed in the case.
    UPDATE: Elderly Couple Recovering after Shooting and Brutal Beating
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sounds like a stalker off his meds. Sad the family did not take his crazy prior behavior into consideration, and no longer believed he was a threat.
    It almost cost them dearly.
    Sounds like the girls relatives should have taken Mr. Belcher for a long walk off a short pier.
    I know I will, should the time some smart aleck begins stalkin' one of my daughters.
    Date'em, OK.
    Stalk'em, and we're gonna have a go around.
    Spade115 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Happy they will recover, they need to get prepared for this guy, as he will most certainly be back if he gets the chance.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

So sick what some people do. Glad that they will live, hope their quality of life is not hindered. I am thankful that I currently do not have a daughter. I am not against them but there are things that come with the territory that I do not want to have to deal with. Much respect to those of you with the fairer sex as offspring.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

An armed couple could have delivered the 'lead injection' needed to prevent future problems.OMO
    oneshot likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That part of West Virginia is not a place for wimps.

That old man is probably able to take care of himself and will do so next time around.

He wouldn't of pulled that BS in my crib,he woulda been leaving horizontally
    RemMod597 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A former substitute teacher. What's with these imbeciles? We've got one cut from the same cloth in my neck of the woods.

Documents: Talley Tried To Contact Teen - The Daily Times

They should let these two perverts share the same cell.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    This was not random. Early warning signs were ignored. Remember the first attempted bombing of the WTC?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeo View Post
    That part of West Virginia is not a place for wimps.

That old man is probably able to take care of himself and will do so next time around.

^^^^^^Your post^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reminded me of the movie with Liam Neeson, and Patrick Swayze, "Next of Kin".

Paybacks can be a Beotch!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

mkh
    W. Va has separate laws and penalties for "daytime burglary" and "nighttime burglary"?

Links