10 Year Old Accused of Murder, His Mother Talks About It

This is a discussion on 10 Year Old Accused of Murder, His Mother Talks About It within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is quite sad. This child has been let down by his parents and the system. Someone should have gotten him some help for his ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: 10 Year Old Accused of Murder, His Mother Talks About It

This is quite sad. This child has been let down by his parents and the system. Someone should have gotten him some help for his issues. Mom failed him by being caught with drugs. Dad failed him by leaving guns lying around, but also failed him in not teaching him about guns, and to not touch them. Just bad all the way around.

Only On 12: 10-year-old's mother speaks out about deadly shooting in Midville
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    That's really sad. I'm sorry for the boy, and his mother's decision that put him in a situation like that.
    Remember; the consequences of your actions have effects for people other than yourself.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Lets not blame the system(yes,it is broken),the parents FAILED this child,in almost every way,have we heard anything from the child,Mom's a drug addict,Dad's a deadbeat,poor child,sad to say and sorry for the loss of life,but ,incarceration till 21 might be the best for him
    Spade115 likes this.

I don't think gun safety would have helped this situation,IMHO I somehow feel that the kid thought if Jennifer was out of the picture he could live with his mom again.Hopefully the kid gets some help and becomes a productive member of society once he is released,but the odds are against him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Lets not blame the system(yes,it is broken),the parents FAILED this child,in almost every way,have we heard anything from the child,Mom's a drug addict,Dad's a deadbeat,poor child,sad to say and sorry for the loss of life,but ,incarceration till 21 might be the best for him
    I read the article and watched the video. Where did it say that "dad's a deadbeat"? There are a whole lot of unanswered questions in what was reported. Dad obviously should not have left a gun "laying around" and the kid should not have pointed it at dad's girlfriend, but there are a whole lot of "holes" in the story and in what "mom" is saying in the video.

I feel sorry for the kid. Sounds like he had a disfunctional childhood to a degree, but there a lot of kids from split families that don't shoot the dad's "girlfriend"! The kid would probably be better off in custody until 21, but there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before I would pass that judgement.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I'm sure there is much more yet, to the story.
    We don't know dad's a deadbeat (at least not from this story).
    A kid that likes to go huntin' and fishin' but can't have toy guns? What did he hunt with?

Regardless, it's a tragic story. And I hope the kid can deal with the issues he has over time... Child welfare systems all over this country are broken in many ways. But that doesn't mean that child services is going to re-award custody to the mother (a recovering addict) just because the boy doesn't like his dad's new girlfriend, or that dad is too strict, or whatever made the boy "angry".
    JDE101 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Incarcerating the kid from the time he is 10 to 21 will make a better criminal. All he will do is grow up in jail and that will stick with him for the rest of his life. he will come out bitter and hard and not be able to adjust to life on the outside

Sponsored Links