Good: Midwest City Home Invasion Ended by Homeowner

This is a discussion on Good: Midwest City Home Invasion Ended by Homeowner within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BG shot once in the chest after entering home, died at the hospital. Story...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Good: Midwest City Home Invasion Ended by Homeowner

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

BG shot once in the chest after entering home, died at the hospital.

Story
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Outstanding!! Another hoodlum toes up.

VIP Member
    AWWWWWW,,,
    poor Reggie, he was only going door to door collecting for the Little Sisters of the Poor, or, or he was on his way to church, for choir practice, and was only stopping by, to see if he could pick something up for the homeowner, from the grocery store on the way home, or, or he thought he saw a burglar, and decided he'd break the door down, and rush in with his own pistol drawn, to confront the burglar, but was unfortunately shot by the homeowner, yeah, yeah thats it!!!!!

G'night Reginald.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Truly, this recidivist has learned his lesson. Permanently. Not a bad thing.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Here is what I find interesting -- the fact that the homeowner fired ONCE. Now I wasn't there, I have no idea the experience level of the shooter --- sounds like he really knew what he was doing, knew his weapon (Desert Eagle .50 maybe?), and took care of business. But who knows? Some folks watch TV and think one shot is always enough. Me, I'm not stopping with one shot, likely 3 or 4 at least, especially with someone who is obviously armed. Thoughts?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

"Joseph had a criminal record with convictions of possession of a controlled substance and carrying a firearm after a felony conviction and while on probation."

One thing we can say about Mr. Joseph, he didn't let gun laws, or any other laws for that matter, stand in HIS way.
    We can also say good-bye...
    Flex and Sig 210 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wonder if the homeowner offered a greeting something like 'Surprise" I'm home
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "Joseph had a criminal record with convictions of possession of a controlled substance and carrying a firearm after a felony conviction and while on probation."

One thing we can say about Mr. Joseph, he didn't let gun laws, or any other laws for that matter, stand in HIS way.
    We can also say good-bye...
    Read the article again, Joseph is the BG here. They did not identify the shooter but his father is Reed.

"Proof that, Yes you can fix stupid."
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Read the article again, Joseph is the BG here. They did not identify the shooter but his father is Reed.
    You need to read retsupt99 post again. Yes, Joseph was the BG. Since he was a convicted felon, he could not posses a gun. He ignored the laws and had one anyway, as retsupt99 indicated.
    oneshot and JDE101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    You need to read retsupt99 post again. Yes, Joseph was the BG. Since he was a convicted felon, he could not posses a gun. He ignored the laws and had one anyway, as retsupt99 indicated.
    Based on the conversation at that point, I had the impression that RetSupt99 was trying to say that the homeowner was also a BG. Now in looking again, I don't know.

Here is what I find interesting -- the fact that the homeowner fired ONCE. Now I wasn't there, I have no idea the experience level of the shooter --- sounds like he really knew what he was doing, knew his weapon (Desert Eagle .50 maybe?), and took care of business. But who knows? Some folks watch TV and think one shot is always enough. Me, I'm not stopping with one shot, likely 3 or 4 at least, especially with someone who is obviously armed. Thoughts?
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. If it was me there is No Way it would have been just one shot!

I always like happy endings. Although having to kill someone is not an easy thing to do, in this case it was the only thing to do.

Based on the conversation at that point, I had the impression that RetSupt99 was trying to say that the homeowner was also a BG. Now in looking again, I don't know.
    You do, now... The retired Superintendant is all about burying BGs, especially recidivist BGs.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links