Don't screw with old people

This is a discussion on Don't screw with old people within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint - News DAYTONA BEACH -- A 22-year-old ...

Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint

Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint - News

DAYTONA BEACH -- A 22-year-old car theft suspect tried to elude police Tuesday morning, but was stopped in his tracks when he was confronted by a gun-toting 64-year-old woman.

"I was not going to let him go," said Karen Granville, who lives on Redwood Street. "I just held my gun in my right hand until the police arrested him."

Granville helped authorities nab Roderick Willis after he led them on a short chase. He was suspected of driving a stolen vehicle, authorities said.

Daytona Beach police were looking for a stolen vehicle about 3 a.m. Tuesday when a Volusia County sheriff's deputy spotted an orange Dodge Charger traveling west on Sixth Street. The deputy tried to stop the vehicle, but a chase quickly ensued, according to a report from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

A sheriff's helicopter tracked the suspect to Redwood Street, where deputies say Willis ditched the vehicle in the driveway in front of Granville's home.

Granville said she was up late because her cat had rousted her. She was watching the movie Rio Bravo when she heard a sheriff's helicopter hovering above her house.

Moments later, she said she saw Willis run into her backyard and try to scale her fence. Granville grabbed her .38 Special revolver and followed him.

"My adrenaline was just flowing at 100 mph," she said. "I just said, 'Stop right there (expletive), or you're going to be dead where you stand."
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Nice flourish, "dead where you stand!"
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I love it...congrats to that lady.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Not to be a jackoff, but this has already been posted in the news thread good bad ugly
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Not to be a jackoff, but this has already been posted in the news thread good bad ugly
    Yup, Daytona Beach Woman, 64, uses gun to help nab suspect

Soon to be closed.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Granny is awesome; excellent taste in guns and movies.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Links