Bad: Well, a Home Invasion in Edmond

This is a discussion on Bad: Well, a Home Invasion in Edmond within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hard to believe in my own home town -- main reason is that here, if you get the attention of the police, you will quickly ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Bad: Well, a Home Invasion in Edmond

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Bad: Well, a Home Invasion in Edmond

Hard to believe in my own home town -- main reason is that here, if you get the attention of the police, you will quickly be surrounded by about 20 or more.

See the story
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

2. Remove Ads

This home invasion 'crap' is becoming all too common.
    More of these need to end with 'live' victims and the coroner's office for the others...IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You and I see eye to eye on that one, RetSup.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Edmond was a typical suburban community back when we lived there. High time for more folks to harden up the homestead.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Edmond was a typical suburban community back when we lived there. High time for more folks to harden up the homestead.
    Hardening up is needed, no doubt. A large number here have guns, but having a gun and being a warrior are two different things, as we all know.

BTW where in Colorado are you? I have lately had thoughts to visit there. A stunningly beautiful place!

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    pet theory concerning crime and people , on a personal level, people are getting involved.
    talking more and actually doing something about it.

we the people, the tax paying targets of crime, have reached critical mass--

justice's revolving door has put the BG's back out on the street in mass and the number of people,
    family members and direct relatives who are being affected has snowballed. judging by the number
    taking CCW classes and the huge increase in those taking interest in SD beyond just having the gun--

like that movie screaming "we arn't going to take it any more"

funny sick will be when the courts realize that the safest place for repeat offenders...is in jail
    cause lately, felons on probation with guns are not lasting long on the streets.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

A couple wayward Yuts! Living a life as a target, can't have a good outcome.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    it's unfortunate that the homeowner didn't have a shotgun waiting for them...I hate when the bad guy wins, (they'll be out on bail before midnite) and doing it again next week
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    it's unfortunate that the homeowner didn't have a shotgun waiting for them...I hate when the bad guy wins, (they'll be out on bail before midnite) and doing it again next week
    Well the bad guys may not feel they won much, being caught the same day, but overall you are right and I agree with you.

Edmond is a nice suburb of OKC! I went to school in Edmond; hate to hear about this happening there. Goes to show things can happen anytime, anywhere.

would they be saying he was such a nice "kid" in the comments , if he had killed the home owners too ? He took a gun, forced his way into their house, and held them at gunpoint..... I fail to see anything " good" about his kid. He's just lucky they weren't armed and he isn't dead. I don't imagine he would have faired that well @ my house. They should be saying it at his funeral.

I don't care what their age is , if they are pulling a gun on me and breaking or trying to force their way into my house and endangering me.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links