Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion

This is a discussion on Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion - CNN.com I'm sure we're all familiar with the Petit family murders. Looks like the second man has gotten ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion

Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion

Death sentence in Connecticut home invasion - CNN.com

I'm sure we're all familiar with the Petit family murders. Looks like the second man has gotten the death penalty. That is good news that both of the perps will be getting the death penalty (the other guy was sentenced a year or so ago).

However, as good of news as that is. It would have been better news if they had both been killed during the attempt, rather than after the fact. That is why I've made my home more secure after reading the horrific story of what happened there in 2007. I've tried to do everything I can to make sure I'll never be put in the situation that this poor family was.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Very sad situation. IIRC those guys didn't actually break in, the wife opened the door when they rang. Nothing wrong with beefing up a house, but one can't be careless like she was and just open a door. I've always thought a video door intercom is a good idea.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

DC
    That's such a horrifying story. Justice has been served.

The door intercom is good. I don't have one but I rarely open the door unless I'm expecting the person on the other side.

Justice served ?? I dont think so....5 YEARS later..a sentence...ask Dr. Petit what he thinks...bunch of laywers and political hack prosecutors waxing proud about the great job they've done.....all the way to the bank, 5 YEARS later a sentence...when do you think those mutts going to be put down ???http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...NoyGlWbq4j06hP
    Last edited by CaptSmith; January 27th, 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: add link

No victory here, have to wait for the sentence to be carried out!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I want to throw the swtich...

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Very sad situation. IIRC those guys didn't actually break in, the wife opened the door when they rang. Nothing wrong with beefing up a house, but one can't be careless like she was and just open a door. I've always thought a video door intercom is a good idea.
    It is not only a good idea, it is an excellent idea too!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    You're thinking of something else. They followed the wife and daughter home from the grocery story but didn't break in until the early morning. When they did they beat the husband sleeping on the couch with a bat and tied him up in the basement. They then tied up the mother & daughters and took the mother to get money from an ATM. They then raped one of the daughters and mother. During this time the husband managed to flee the house to get help. Upon discovering this they strangled the mother, dumped gasoline in the house and set it on fire. The two daughters died from smoke inhalation.

IMHO, the death penalty is too kind for these animals. They should have to endure the pain they put that whole family through, over and over again.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Nobody wins now that they're getting the death penalty. That family is still dead and the intruders' lives are ruined forever as well. There is nothing good about this situation, but it's nice that the BGs didn't walk. The greatest value from this incident is in it's effect on observers. People should look at this and take measures to ensure it does not happen to them
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Will Connecticut ever actually execute this guy? Have they ever executed anybody in modern history? Even in places like FL it can decades.

Edited to note: Connecticut has executed one person since the death penalty was reinstated in 1973. That was in 2005.

DC
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Justice served ?? I dont think so....5 YEARS later..a sentence...ask Dr. Petit what he thinks...bunch of laywers and political hack prosecutors waxing proud about the great job they've done.....all the way to the bank, 5 YEARS later a sentence...when do you think those mutts going to be put down ???
    I can't disagree with you. Not much good could come from this I suppose,aside from citizens becoming more aware. I'm not against the death penalty but in most cases I don't assume that it helps the victims/family much.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    You're thinking of something else. They followed the wife and daughter home from the grocery story but didn't break in until the early morning. When they did they beat the husband sleeping on the couch with a bat and tied him up in the basement. They then tied up the mother & daughters and took the mother to get money from an ATM. They then raped one of the daughters and mother. During this time the husband managed to flee the house to get help. Upon discovering this they strangled the mother, dumped gasoline in the house and set it on fire. The two daughters died from smoke inhalation.

IMHO, the death penalty is too kind for these animals. They should have to endure the pain they put that whole family through, over and over again.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    They should be sprinkled with starving fire ants, and told the only way to get them off is to be dunked into a tank of nitric acid.
    Nothing left but bones boys.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    I don't like the death penalty because mistakes are sometimes made. Here no mistake was made. These men did the
    most awful vicious acts and whatever we, as normal people, can dish out under our law, can't come close to giving them
    justice. This was truly one of the worst incidents I can recall.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post

Thanks, I do believe you are very correct about how they entered the house, I must be getting my home invasion stories confused..........I need a vacation from crime !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    I will gladly provide the gasoline and matches for an execution these two deserve.
    Eagleks likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links