BG shot with rubber bullets

This is a discussion on BG shot with rubber bullets within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I won't be doing this one, if I feel the need to shoot it will be a permanent solution. This guy is lucky the BG ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BG shot with rubber bullets

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

I won't be doing this one, if I feel the need to shoot it will be a permanent solution.
    This guy is lucky the BG didn't come after him.
    Homeowner unloads rubber bullets on suspected burglar - KPTV - FOX 12

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
    A homeowner shot a man with rubber bullets Friday morning after allegedly catching the burglar trying to break into his home.

Tim Wallace said he heard some rustling outside just before 4 a.m. and thought it might be an animal, so he grabbed his shotgun.

When he went outside his back door, he saw a man charging him. He fired three times, hitting the man with rubber bullets.

"When I shot him, he didn't stop," Wallace said. "He just kept running past me."

When officers arrived in the neighborhood, they found the suspect behind the St. John's Lutheran Church and took him into custody.

The suspect was treated by medical personnel for non-life-threatening injuries suffered from the rubber bullets.

The 7000 block of North Seward Avenue was closed for several hours while police investigated the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I won't be doing this one, if I feel the need to shoot it will be a permanent solution.
    This guy is lucky the BG didn't come after him.
    Homeowner unloads rubber bullets on suspected burglar - KPTV - FOX 12

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
    A homeowner shot a man with rubber bullets Friday morning after allegedly catching the burglar trying to break into his home.

Tim Wallace said he heard some rustling outside just before 4 a.m. and thought it might be an animal, so he grabbed his shotgun.

When he went outside his back door, he saw a man charging him. He fired three times, hitting the man with rubber bullets.

"When I shot him, he didn't stop," Wallace said. "He just kept running past me."

When officers arrived in the neighborhood, they found the suspect behind the St. John's Lutheran Church and took him into custody.

The suspect was treated by medical personnel for non-life-threatening injuries suffered from the rubber bullets.

The 7000 block of North Seward Avenue was closed for several hours while police investigated the shooting.
    I would hope the homeowner learned from his experience... And upgraded to a more "permanently punitive" type of ammunition.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Hey--this is PORTLAND, I'm surprised that the crazies aren't out in front of this guys house protesting that he disturbed the Kosmos and brought bad karma to the whole city by firing his big bad gun in anger.... (I was born, raised, worked and went to college and Seminary in the area, so I know whereof I speak--and its gotten much worse since I left.)

The guy in the story lives in town, so he probably has had issues with racoons or feral dogs, so having rubber "bullets" in the first round might make sense, but I hope he backs it up next time with a couple of clugs or double 00 buck.........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

He is lucky the BG wasn't armed with a knife or handgun and decided to fight back,or the homeowner wouldn't have the opportunity to learn from his mistake
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

GM
    Rubber bullets ? IMO the homeowner is not the smartest guy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Worked out just fine if you ask me... homeowner is safe, bad guy arrested (and the only one injured).

if he wanted something nonlife threating..... rocksalt
    msgt/ret likes this.

Rubber would not be my first or second choice of SD ammo. Happy he lived to tell about his experience.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He might have well just kept racking the shotgun for effect.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

It couldn't even stop a 54 year old? Imagine shooting a young and determined BG
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

If your going to be nice to bad guys, at least use rock salt.....
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I posted this as it is different from the usual story. My thoughts are that he didn't stop the guy and was lucky he wasn't beaten to death with his own shotgun. Now the BG will be released at some time in the near future and may want revenge against a guy who humiliated him. Leaving an adversary insulted and healthy isn't a good idea. I hope has has real lead in the mag behind the gumby rounds.

At least he won't have to resign from his Friday night Kumbaya Happy Circle Group.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member

These are 12GA Non-Lethal Ammo for Crowd Control and Personnel Control.

Now there's an H&R dept. that I'm staying away from!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links