Homeowner shot in West Valley

This is a discussion on Homeowner shot in West Valley within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently he confronted the burglars... Man shot when he comes home to burglary; 3 suspects on the loose | azfamily.com Phoenix...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Homeowner shot in West Valley

Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Goodness. Gang related? Did they know him? They were lousy shots thank God. They hit him in the leg. The story doesn't say whether or not he hit any of them. I'm glad no innocent neighbors were hit by stray rounds. Could have been real ugly.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    From story::

Police later learned that the homeowner came home to his discover that his house was being burglarized. He noticed this while he was swapping his trash and recycling bins. The man then went back to his car to get his gun. Police say that's when he was confronted by the two men and bullets started flying.

^^^^^^^^^Lesson learned^^^^^^^^
    Homeowner dd not have his pistol ON HIM.

This May. or May Not have altered the outcome of events but I'd be willing to bet he would have stood a better chance.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Too bad he didn't take out the trash.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Lucky he made it back to his car. Your SD weapon is no good if you don't have it when you need it. Wait a minute, I'll be right back!
    ep1953 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I only hope they find these guys, likely they won't, They were likely looking for drug money. damn I hate hearing these stories however this is what our society is evolving into.

Note to self...
    It's SO MUCH easier to identify dirtbag suspects with .45 holes in them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ironically, I carry my pistol when taking trash out to our can in the alley. I live in a "good" neighbourhood, but some of the creepy crawlers walking through our alley is reason enough. If I am going to be a victim, I want to be an armed one.

I know that it could just be a matter of time when the statistics catch up, so I'm prepared for something just like this.

This guy was lucky the thugs didn't just kill him, take what they wanted and disappeared.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I can pretty much guarantee if I am ever involved in a shooting,the sentence"he ran/left/had to go get his gun will not be anywhere in the report.It will read sumpin like in a blaze of superhuman speed he produced a 45 caliber firearm well known for taking out enemy combatants in over 4 well known wars much to the surprise of the home invaders.
    Police Identified all of the criminals by identification found on their lifeless bullet riddled bodies.Crime Scene investigators were overheard remarking on the tight pattern the gunshots were located in and commented on the shooting prowess of Dukalmighty
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee if I am ever involved in a shooting,the sentence"he ran/left/had to go get his gun will not be anywhere in the report.It will read sumpin like in a blaze of superhuman speed he produced a 45 caliber firearm well known for taking out enemy combatants in over 4 well known wars much to the surprise of the home invaders.
    Police Identified all of the criminals by identification found on their lifeless bullet riddled bodies.Crime Scene investigators were overheard remarking on the tight pattern the gunshots were located in and commented on the shooting prowess of Dukalmighty

You forgot the part about the flying shoulder roll and the 4 shot 1" cluster in the first guys forehead.

Sponsored Links