#2 Unorthodox Home Defense - Ouch that hurt!

This is a discussion on #2 Unorthodox Home Defense - Ouch that hurt! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; PHOENIX (KPHO) - CBS 5 News has learned more about a man killed Friday by a blow from a clothes iron after allegedly breaking into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: #2 Unorthodox Home Defense - Ouch that hurt!

PHOENIX (KPHO) - CBS 5 News has learned more about a man killed Friday by a blow from a clothes iron after allegedly breaking into an apartment.

The family of 20-year-old Moses Taylor held a car wash Sunday near 77th Avenue and Indian School Road.

RELATED: Clothes iron used as weapon against burglar

The car wash was an effort to raise money for Taylor's funeral.

It was around 3 a.m. Friday morning when a roommate living with a family in an apartment near I-17 and Glendale Avenue heard Taylor breaking through a window, police reports said.

Police say the roommate yelled for everyone to get out while he and Taylor were in a struggle.

That's when investigators say the roommate struck Taylor in the face with a clothes iron. Taylor later died at the hospital.

At Sunday's carwash, Taylor's mother said he was not invading that home but he was actually running for help.

"My son was banging on the door trying to get help because he had been robbed and beaten and some man took money from him. So he wasn't just trying to hurt the homeowner, he was just trying to get some help," said Essie Strong.

Early reports from police on Friday indicated that the man who struck Taylor was acting in self-defense.

Strong said she understands that but wants to fight for what she says really happened

I read the same thing in a lot of these types of stories, where the BG has an excuse/Lie about what really happened. In this case the mother has all the "facts" about what happened, and she wasn't there!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Another case of "turning his life around," usually done while in a stolen vehicle.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wonder how many of the cars at the car wash were stolen and the excuse was that the thieves just wanted the owners to have a clean car.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

When will society see the light and pass laws banning these senseless Clothes Irons!!!

Weapon of choice for angry wives against cheating husbands for generations.

Now obviously weapon of choice against poor innocent window breaking, home invading intruders !!!

My goddess....the huge manatee.....the huge manatee.... (maybe I misquoted that???)
    ep1953, Spade115, l1a1 and 1 others like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    If I recall he was in his underwear and his clothes were outside on the ground and he broke thru the window

And to think these people actually believe the crap they spew out of their mouths.
    My son was not robbing nobody,he found a gun and was asking people if it was theirs,during the discussion they was showing their gratitude for his honesty by giving him their valuables
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

How much was the car wash?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

unorthodox home defense

Hehehehehehe,, You hear it all the time. The world has gone crazy. I can't help but snicker when I read stories like these. And I really love everybody's comments. I'm new here, and I think I've found a new home.
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 16th, 2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: my baby,,he be the best yoof around here. He doos nuthin' wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    If I recall he was in his underwear and his clothes were outside on the ground and he broke thru the window
    He must have gotten hot, and decided he would give them his clothes. He bein' the good boy he was.

Well All I can say is that thanks to the home owner with the help of the clothes iron, this tearaway has ironed out all of those problems that were preventing him turning his back on a life of crime...

Guess the iron was set on "permanent press" - care to have your clock cleaned as well while you wait?

This puts a whole new light on Tangle's mention of an upcoming article about most shootings taking at least two shots to do the job regardless of caliber. I think we're barking up the wrong tree since it only takes one shot with a flat-iron.

OK holster makers - can you fit something comfy in and IWB for a Sunbeam Model 14L??
    lordofwyr, Bark'n and Mattmann like this.

If anything can be a weapon, nobody is safe around Doghandler.

No starch, low heat. (snicker) well deserved. Personally, I would've rather been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    Well All I can say is that thanks to the home owner with the help of the clothes iron, this tearaway has ironed out all of those problems that were preventing him turning his back on a life of crime...
    Dad gum it! You beat me to it.... cept I was gonna say "I'm sure glad we got that ironed out"!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

VIP Member
    "My son was banging on the door trying to get help because he had been robbed and beaten and some man took money from him. So he wasn't just trying to hurt the homeowner, he was just trying to get some help," said Essie Strong.
    Even when faced with all of the evidence in the world some people will still deny the truth. The human brain is just plain weird.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links