Good: milwaukee WI aldi robbery stopped

This is a discussion on Good: milwaukee WI aldi robbery stopped within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well last night around 7, a shooting took place. Outcome was good. Only issues are, the lack of details in the news report, doesnt say ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Good: milwaukee WI aldi robbery stopped

Well last night around 7, a shooting took place. Outcome was good. Only issues are, the lack of details in the news report, doesnt say if he had a CCP, and if i remember correctly, according to the wisconsin do not buy list (places that are posted), alid's was on there. Hopefully, he had a permit and aldi changes their policy. Heres the link

Shots fired inside Aldi during attempted armed robbery | FOX6Now.com
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

The Aldi in my town is not posted, and both me and the wife are carrying when we go there. It's even in a "good" part of our town and we still take our pistols.

It seems like robberies of places like this are on an upswing all over the country so it's best to be prepared, unless that company discourages the practice of concealed carry and post their property with prohibition signs.

This customer needs more practice. He didn't hit what he was shooting.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The Aldi in my town is not posted, and both me and the wife are carrying when we go there. It's even in a "good" part of our town and we still take our pistols.

It seems like robberies of places like this are on an upswing all over the country so it's best to be prepared, unless that company discourages the practice of concealed carry and post their property with prohibition signs.

This customer needs more practice. He didn't hit what he was shooting.
    I agree he does need more practice. This was close to my house, and I even stopped off at the grocery store on the way home from work. When i got home my roommate, we both applied for ccw at the same time so he knows i carry plus makes for great training, asked if that was me at aldi who shot at the robber. The convo went like this.

Him: was that you in the shooting at aldi with the robber?

Me: did he get away?

Him: yes

Me: If he got away, do you think it was me?

Him: no..... guess not

Lol i was laughing so hard
    TheGiant and JoJoGunn like this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Wow thanks for posting I did not hear about that. The area is not the best I sure would carry if I was around the location. I did not read anything in today's newspaper. I need additonal info since news account a bit light.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

To bad no hits that we know of. Given the location I'm not surprised that their are no additional details. Given the fact the LEO'S are against any form of self defense. I just hope the store did not have it posted.

VIP Member
    This story needs to go away. There are way too many possible negative spins the media could place on it.

As so it begins...

It took longer than I expected but we appear to have had our first CCW shooting...

Customer shoots at robber during store stickup - JSOnline

Apparently, some sheep have grown fangs and claws.
    H&K USP .45, Taurus PT100 .40, Nambu Type 14 8mm, Browning HP 9mm,
    Desert Eagle .50, Makarov .380, Walther PK380

Good for the Armed citizen... interference in an armed robbery is not what CCW is about, but sometimes CCW holders find themselves in harms way and have to defend themselves, and it works out to every law abiding citizen's advantage.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I looked up Aldi in Milwaukee and they are not on any lists that prevent customers from CC. Looks to be a good shoot. God help the good guy with chief Flynn.

I keep seeing more and more stories like this in WI, slowly but surely the crime will decrease like it has everywhere else there is CCW
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

VIP Member
    The shooter appears to be posting in the comments section of the article:
    Public Profile - JSOnline

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    This story needs to go away. There are way too many possible negative spins the media could place on it.
    It won't be going away until the next news cycle. Read the comments section to see how the spin is going.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I keep seeing more and more stories like this in WI, slowly but surely the crime will decrease like it has everywhere else there is CCW
    agreed

Ok i looked at what he posted apparently the way it sounds, aldi was posted with a sign. According to him police fined him accordance with the law, however also congratulated him on a job well done... so i dont know how to take this one.....

VIP Member
    This is looking like the "what if?" which has often been discussed here. An otherwise law-abiding Concealed Handgun Permit holder caps an armed robber during the course of a robbery in a posted criminal protection zone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links