Hurray for my County!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Hurray for my County!!!!!!!!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Montgomery County OKs change to local gun law - Houston Chronicle...

Thread: Hurray for my County!!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Sounds like a step in the right direction.

VIP Member
    I realize they are saying that this doesn't "preempt" state law and merely clarifies it. Still, I think it is dangerous
    for any local government entity to attempt to enact in this area. Before you know it some of the counties and
    many of the cities will insist that they are not preempting-- but they will be, subtly and not so. The end result will be much
    confusion and lots of litigation.

However much this seems like a good idea, it is really a very very bad idea. The Leg in its infinite wisdom is quite
    capable of confusing things enough without help from local government. We don't need local jurisdictions
    getting into making their own concealed carry law.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Montgomery County Commissioners have adopted a policy change that will allow county employees with a concealed handgun license to bring their weapons to work.
    You may want to give people at least a line on what it's about, rather than just a link...... since many don't want to click on every "unidentified" subject / link in posts. At least it shows what it's about.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    YAAAAAA!!!. Kudo`s to them!!!.

Good start!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Yes, it sounds good to me.

One disturbing thing is the amount of worry about people "bringing their guns into the workplace" -- even CHL holders. First, they should look at the number of workplace shootings where the shooter had a license to carry. I don't know but I would bet there are close to zero. Secondly, when they worry about CHLs coming in with a gun, why are they not concerned about crooks coming in with a gun? I know, their rules don't affect crooks, only the good guys.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

GM
    Sounds good to me.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links