Detroit is turning into Argentina!

This is a discussion on Detroit is turning into Argentina! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Everyone knows Detroit's reputation, but this is what happens when you combine that with budget shortfalls and cuts to police. I'm sure there are other ...

Thread: Detroit is turning into Argentina!

Everyone knows Detroit's reputation, but this is what happens when you combine that with budget shortfalls and cuts to police. I'm sure there are other major cities that are just a few budget shortfalls away from experiencing the same thing.

The people of Detroit are taking no prisoners. Justifiable homicide in the city shot up 79 percent in 2011 from the previous year, as citizens in the long-suffering city armed themselves and took matters into their own hands. The local rate of self-defense killings now stands 2,200 percent above the national average. Residents, unable to rely on a dwindling police force to keep them safe, are fighting back against the criminal scourge on their own. And they’re offering no apologies.
    ARTICLE:
    911 IS A JOKE - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

I guess the production company who filmed the Detroit "Halftime in America" spot got cold feet:

But contrary to what the might ad suggest, the spot was actually filmed in New Orleans and Los Angeles. “Yes, part of it was filmed in New Orleans . . . and some was filmed in various parts—such as Los Angeles,” Dianna Gutierrez said. She specifically points to the tunnel scenes as being taken at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, while the stadium shots were in New Orleans. Asked whether any part of the ad was filmed in Detroit, Gutierrez said that previously taken footage from various parts of the Motor City was used. No image of Detroit was shot for the specific use in this ad.
    ARTICLE:
    Detroit ‘Comeback' Ad Filmed Los Angeles and New Orleans, Not Detroit.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

JD
    Administrator
    Running here: Detroit: Justifiable Homicide up 79%

And I bet there's a lot of people that wish Det. would turn into Argentina, the weather is much better there.

Sponsored Links