7 yr old shooter arrested

This is a discussion on 7 yr old shooter arrested within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The anti's will say that more gun control laws and restrictions will eliminate these types of shootings. The last sentence in this article is puzzling. ...

Thread: 7 yr old shooter arrested

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

7 yr old shooter arrested

The anti's will say that more gun control laws and restrictions will eliminate these types of shootings.

The last sentence in this article is puzzling.

DETROIT POLICE: 7-year-old shooter arrested
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Regardless of what occurred, I have very very serious concerns about arresting children that young. Doing that is child abuse
    in and of itself.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Updated to "9 Year Old Shooter," but that really isn't much better. Apparently, the 9 y/o was in the care of a 16 y/o at the time. Pretty disturbing on a lot of levels...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Regardless of what occurred, I have very very serious concerns about arresting children that young. Doing that is child abuse
    in and of itself.
    sorry don't sound like there was enough abuse... with a belt. a 7 year old with a gun; the 16 yo needs to be charged too

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    in and of itself.
    Hop - Would you rather that we turned them loose in your yard?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Do i need to say what my father would have done if he knew i even looked at his guns that young? Even point it at someone? Let alone shoot them?

I blame the parents. 16yr old baby sitter? Where were they? Blame them too.

As for arresting a 9yr old..... if it was my child, id expect them to give him a shiny set of bracelets. Then again if it was my child it never would have happened......
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

To many questions remain. Do the "Parents or Parent" have a permit? for the weapon? How did a 9 year old end up with the gun in the first place? The sitter 16 yrs old where was she? The minor will be sentenced to therapy, depending on the back ground of the parent the child may end up in foster care. As far as child abuse, we are talking about Detroit! That town resembles portions of beirut! It would be abuse for anyone to live there under those conditions.

questions. what was the 9 yr old shooting, what was the gun, was it a firearm or a air gun? what was the 15 yr old doing at the time? could this be that a 9 yr old that has never been taught that a firearm is not something to play with and didn't even know what he was doing? article very limited on what happened

Quote Originally Posted by heyrakes View Post
    questions. what was the 9 yr old shooting, what was the gun, was it a firearm or a air gun? what was the 15 yr old doing at the time? could this be that a 9 yr old that has never been taught that a firearm is not something to play with and didn't even know what he was doing? article very limited on what happened
    This sounds like a family value thing. If guns are present and the kids are allowed to play with them and the parents are gang bangers. No kid sits on a front porch and ambushes someone else for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    in and of itself.
    I agree 100%. Totally pointless to arrest a 7-yr-old.

The parents are the ones who should be arrested.

Doc

I wonder if the 15yr old had a beef with the "16 yr old baby sitter" and the 16 yr old put the 9 yr old up to the shooting....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

DC
    This reminds me of a recent incident very close to where I live where a 13 year-old was charged with manslaughter for the shooting of a 12 year-old girl. Here the minimum age is 14 to be tried as an adult.

"Other students reported to the media after the event that the young man had been carrying the gun used in this crime around in his backpack for several days."

My son attends this same school.

Deep Creek Middle School | Law Enforcement Today

VIP Member
    The family knows who the gun belongs to.They most likely will never say.
    Probably a cousins friends uncle, or some malarkey like that.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    The boy was playing in the yard where he found the loaded handgun. He was playing on the porch with the gun when it went off, hitting the 15-year-old.
    If true, how did the gun end up in the yard to be found.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links