Rock Hill Teens to Stay in Jail

This is a discussion on Rock Hill Teens to Stay in Jail within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ROCK HILL | Rock Hill teens who allegedly attacked girls to stay in jail | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC Makes me happy to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rock Hill Teens to Stay in Jail

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

ROCK HILL | Rock Hill teens who allegedly attacked girls to stay in jail | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

Makes me happy to see something like that. Might also be because I live within a block of that church...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    The only gang they need to be part of is a chain gang for a long time

Good for Judge Morehead.

Although it is good to be tough on Juvenile offenders, these kids have basically made up their mind as to what they want to do. They will most likely hone their craft in jail unless they decide to change. No amount of "punishment" seems to sway someone so young and so convicted of the lifestyle they covet. Our society has been sliding downward for quite sometime now and I fear soon we will hit "rock" bottom.

My brother lives in nearby Tega Cay so I am familiar with the Rock Hill area. I had no idea there was any gang activity around there.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm glad to hear that there is a judge who will stand up like that.

I did see a kid, maybe 13-14, with a black bandanna hanging from his right rear pocket...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I love it.

If they would have jumped my Daughter,then yes Jail would be a safer place for them,accidents happen all the time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    We need more judges like The Honorable Judge Morehead.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member
    A perfect gang for them would be a chain gang, making little rocks out of big ones. +1 for the judge.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

A public defender asked that the 14-year-old be released to his mother, who testified that the kid is in alternative middle school and had no previous criminal record.

The little thug may not have a criminal record, but he's not in an alternative school because he's the record holder for selling Girl Scout cookies.

I deal with kids like this on a regular basis, and attitude decides has a lot of influence on what I do...talk 'em about the door, or walk 'em out the door.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We might not know the names, but we'll be reading about these guys again!
    Chaplain Scott and Sig 210 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good for the judge! Right where the punks belong.

But they will be out sooner or later and these are exactly the type of punks that causes me to have no hesitation in defending myself regardless of the age of the aggressors.

Good for the judge. I bet they'll be seeing more of DJJ in the near future. Dealt with a few kids from there in my time in SC. Fun, fun. Watched a few judges around McCormick lay a verbal smack down on a few of the kids I worked with too. Gave me the warm fuzzies.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My answer to this silent cancer which is blanketing our country is simple. I know we cant place them in prisons with adults but we sure can make it as unpleasant as possible! Why not chain gangs for minors? Something has to be done to break the cycle! The justice system for minorss is far worse than there adult counter parts. Complete welfare reform! mandatory drug screening, Mandatory school attendence, Zero allowence for additional baby's while on assistance. cut them off after 1 violation.
    Last edited by WD54241; February 11th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    My answer to this silent cancer which is blanketing our country is simple. I know we cant place them in prisons with adults but we sure can make it as unpleasant as possible! Why not chain gangs for minors? Something has to be done to break the cycle! The justice system for minorss is far worse than there adult counter parts. Complete welfare reform! mandatory drug screening, Mandatory school attendence, Zero allowence for additional baby's while on assistance. cut them off after 1 violation.
    Prevention is easier than fixing a problem, especially in these situations. I worked for a state run school that specialized in at risk kids in SC. It was expensive and time consuming. But it could be very effective if you caught kids while they were reachable. I spent five and a half years working there. Saved some and lost some. I've got kids I worked with in prison, dead, probably some that never changed, barely scraping by, making an honest living, and honorable serving their country. All these kids came to us with various school and legal problems. Most states have these schools. And there are private versions. But it's cost and labor intensive and they are generally not well known or funded. They also tend to focus on lower numbers for more intense work. I'd like to see the schools start focusing on these kids in middle school. By 9th grade they are all but lost. By 10th grade, they are probably not even attending. But I'm not even sure our schools are capable of doing it anymore.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

"The problem is these kids, according to police testimony, have told everybody they have met for a week - starting with the victims and the police who caught them - that they want to be gang-bangers."

Gang-bangers? Four boys jumped two girls and left them "scratched and bruised." Now, I'm not saying gang bangers are anything special; in fact, I would loosely define a gang banger as just some idiot criminal who solves things with violence, but attacking teenage girls is beneath most gang bangers.

I could be wrong, but my intuition tells me that these boys will soon learn that they are not cut out for the life, and they could find out the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links