good-Man who shot robbery suspect describes ordeal

This is a discussion on good-Man who shot robbery suspect describes ordeal within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; the man speaks up on what happen at the ALDI store when he shot the BG...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: good-Man who shot robbery suspect describes ordeal

the man speaks up on what happen at the ALDI store when he shot the BG

I don't think I would be making any statements for the press.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

PB2
    "I unholstered my weapon and put a round in the chamber." Precious seconds that could have cost someone their life.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    lucky to be alive....unchambered ( the long pause here is cause im speachless)
    ok.....he names the greatest instructor who taught him to keep a clear head---thats good
    but did he instruct to carry unloaded too?

I don't get why he'd want to make a statement to the press. It has more of a chance to harm him than it does to benefit him.

Plus, his CCW instructor can't be as great as he claims if he was carrying unchambered. Glad it all worked out and the BG got shot.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Bad situation, Good ending. Press statement not the smartest idea. Fact that he had to chamber a round is a moot point, good outcome end result.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    "I unholstered my weapon and put a round in the chamber." Precious seconds that could have cost someone their life.
    but it didn't.... Which goes to prove that an unchambered gun is not as useless as a rock.

I've never argued that an unchambered gun is "just as good" and I don't think anyone one here ever has. But it irritates me to no end when people say that it is useless and might as well not be carrying. Obviously this story proves otherwise.
    RMS and Civil_Response like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

No kidding. I've already told myself that if I ever have to shoot I won't be talking to ANYONE! ESPECIALLY the press after a shooting.....
    Furthermore I'll even ask the police to keep my identity confidential for fear of retaliation.
    I know it may end up being public information but I'll still ask.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    but it didn't.... Which goes to prove that an unchambered gun is not as useless as a rock.

I've never argued that an unchambered gun is "just as good" and I don't think anyone one here ever has. But it irritates me to no end when people say that it is useless and might as well not be carrying. Obviously this story proves otherwise.
    A large enough caliber rock can be a deadly weapon also. Just ask Goliath.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Even though I don't agree with a press conference, at least he had the presence of mind to state that he felt their lives were in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMan218 View Post
    No kidding. I've already told myself that if I ever have to shoot I won't be talking to ANYONE! ESPECIALLY the press after a shooting.....
    Furthermore I'll even ask the police to keep my identity confidential for fear of retaliation.
    I know it may end up being public information but I'll still ask.
    I wouldn't be that concerned unless I felt it was gang-related. I still have no idea what the BG in this story looks like. But if he appeared to be part of a gang, I'd most likely want my identity as secret as possible. If he was just a self-serving street thug, I'd probably like the chance to explain publicly what happened to put people's minds at ease.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

This guy clearly is looking for attention. From the very beginning he was posting online about the ordeal. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know to keep their mouth shut. He is definitely in search of the "Hero" label.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about this guy.

Doc

He was involved in a situation where the BG's main focus was not on him but was on getting cash from the register,there were also other patrons that helped divide the Robbers attention,giving the GG the time he needed to draw and chamber a round.
    I would not claim that carrying unchambered is a great idea due to the fact if you were the sole victim his attention would be on you 100% of the time,and given enough time to draw and fire from retention,having to stop to chamber a round will very likely get you dead.
    oneshot and garyacman like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It would have been useless if the BG would of heard the racking of the gun and turned a put a big old hole in our friend in Wisconsin...

Im with DOC on this. This guy wants his 15 minutes of fame. He is a douche.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    I wouldn't be that concerned unless I felt it was gang-related. I still have no idea what the BG in this story looks like. But if he appeared to be part of a gang, I'd most likely want my identity as secret as possible. If he was just a self-serving street thug, I'd probably like the chance to explain publicly what happened to put people's minds at ease.

^^^^^adric, please do not take this the wrong way^^^^^^^^^^

but how exactly does one differentiate between someone in a gang, and someone who is not???

As soon as you see a biker, are you able to disseminate the facts, and ascertain if that individual belongs to a gang?
    Can you spot two young people, walking down an inner-city street, and draw an instant conclusion, as to whether or not they belong to a gang, based on how they wear their hat or pants dragging on the ground?

1}
    I'm gonna dummy up first, real fast.

2}
    I'm gonna lawyer up, almost as fast.

3} I'm gonna get the wife & kids outta Dodge to the sister in-laws house real fast for a week or so.
    That way, if the house blows up or, is mysteriously riddled with bullets, rendering it akin to a slice of swiss cheese, its only a house.

I'm also in the camp, which is saying the shooter is/was an Attention W_o_e.
    DocPMD likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links