Finally a reporter who gets it

This is a discussion on Finally a reporter who gets it within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I do not want this to turn into NYC guns laws bashing. I think everybody would agree that getting Illegals guns off the street is ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HKinNY
  • 1 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By fireball124

Thread: Finally a reporter who gets it

Finally a reporter who gets it

I do not want this to turn into NYC guns laws bashing. I think everybody would agree that getting Illegals guns off the street is important. But come on Mr. Mayor, Where is the justice for the license people who Illegal carry into NYC without at intent to do harm? I think if you pass a backround check you should be able to carry and lets change the law to if you are carrying an Illegal firearm you get a mantory 10 years in jail.

Teen collared in Far Rockaway, Queens, shooting had 2 prior busts

What was Christopher Chinloy doing on the street?
    Comments (1)
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, March 1, 2012, 4:00 AM

Attempted murder suspect Christopher Chinloy, 17

He's the kind of young punk gunslinger that needs to go to the can until his hair turns lead gray.
    That's the fierce message that must echo back to the Wild West streets of Far Rockaway, Queens, one of most violent neighborhoods in New York City.

Christopher Chinloy, 17, a 5-foot-6, 150-pound nobody till he felt like somebody as an alleged gun-packing member of the Crips, has been arrested three times since last September with loaded handguns.

Amazing. On Feb. 22, a little past midnight, Chinloy was busted for opening fire with a .40-caliber Glock on a group of people outside a grocery store on Beach Channel Drive, hitting one 14-year-old in the buttocks, police say.

Two passing cops from the gang unit collared this ticking human time bomb with smoking gun in hand.
    The Daily News story on the incident triggered zero recoil from City Hall or local elected leaders. But it prompted retired NYPD Detective Tim Breen to fire a note to me.

"Although the incident itself is tragically familiar in The Rock, what stands out is that this Chinloy kid has taken three loaded firearm pinches since September," Breen writes. "The mayor was very quick to drop the hammer on Plaxico Burress, and uses every cop line-of-duty funeral as a platform for his 'more gun laws' legacy. Yet we have Brooklyn and Queens judges quietly turning miscreants like Chinloy loose with nary a bleat from the mayor ..."

Leave it to a retired detective who once worked Far Rockaway — on streets so violent that the Queens district attorney has created a special unit just to prosecute shootings in the neighborhood —to put this in perspective.

Bull's-eye.

How the hell does a football player like Burress do 18 months for a first-offense weapons charge in this town when a gangster thug takes three gun raps in six months before being remanded?
    I checked with high-ranking law enforcement sources in Queens and Brooklyn to get a better profile of Chinloy. His juvenile records are sealed, but a source says Chinloy had at least one juvie gun bust. Chinloy had a disorderly conduct rap pending when he busted for a loaded handgun at the "J'Ouvert" celebration the night before the annual West Indian Day Parade last year. That case was tossed because prosecutors felt the iffy search wouldn't pass muster.

On Oct. 27, at the corner of Nostrand Ave. and Fenimore St., Brooklyn, a passing NYPD lieutenant and a detective spotted Chinloy "manipulating and making furtive motions into his waistband and covering it with his coat." They got out, asked him to stop, Chinloy backed away, reaching to the back of his waistband, giving them reasonable cause to search him. They found a loaded handgun.
    Chinloy was arrested and was free on $4,000 bail when he shot the kid in Far Rock in February, sources say. This time, Chinloy's been jailed on an attempted murder charge and faces 25 years if convicted.

The gun seized in the Queens shooting was never reported stolen and the federal trace on it has not yet come back. The two guns taken from Chinloy in Brooklyn were never traced.

"Thankfully the 14-year old survived, and the cops made it home to their families that night," Breen says. "But who is advocating for the teens of Far Rockaway?"

Good question.

Breen reminds us that 25 years ago a young cop named Scott Gadell from the 101st Precinct was shot to death in Far Rock by a ghoul named Errol Campbell who was indicted on a 1985 drug murder a week before shooting Gadell.

"Twenty-five years later, police Officer Pete Figoski was shot dead in Brooklyn by a mutt ... with an outstanding warrant for a shooting from down South," Breen says. "So forgive me if I'm a little bitter that nothing's changed in a quarter century. Mayor Bloomberg holds these press conferences about tougher gun laws, demanding other states toughen their laws. Meanwhile, we don't enforce the ones we already have on the books here. Unless it's a high-profile press case like Plaxico's and the mayor can scrounge some face time on the tube."

Bull's-eye.

Read more: Teen collared in Far Rockaway, Queens, shooting had 2 prior busts - NY Daily News
    wmhawth and WD54241 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Nailed it.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Hypocrisy knows no bounds. Elitest will be Elitest will be Elitest.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    The ban in NYNY has nothing to do with keeping guns from bg's. IMHO it serves as a prototype for the liberal establishment and a model for the way they would have the rest of the country behave if they could get their way.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Just sent a letter to reporter on the good article.

My dad worked at the 101 precinct in the late 40's and early 50's. We had a lot of family living there. Loved the "Playland". Sad to see the creeping evil moving into every corner of every city. Like a disease with no cure.

I'm convinced that the Mayors mindset is a clear sign he and his followers have a mental disorder! This article is SPOT ON!! of course the Mayors office will put a spin on it and try their usual smoke and mirrors! Just for how long will the good people continue to swallow this BS?

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    My dad worked at the 101 precinct in the late 40's and early 50's. We had a lot of family living there. Loved the "Playland". Sad to see the creeping evil moving into every corner of every city. Like a disease with no cure.
    Oh, there is surely a cure, unfortunately, people in positions like Bloomburg are carriers and perpetuate the situation as evidenced by this very article. Hopefully now that the hypocrisy is being brought into the light, more and more "bad news" for the Elitist will pressure them to change or get out. At the least it will discredit them with a lot of their "on the fringe" followers reducing his influance and "power".
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Yep, I agree! Left Jersey to raise my son, The Mutts have migrated from Chicago to Milwaukee. As I type this the "Cancer" is spreading from Milwaukee in all directions! and our small town LEO'S are ill equipped. It's mind boggling to think we have no money to fight this cancer, but we have the money in the form of welfare to aid and spread it! Enforce mandatory schooling or no welfare, Drug testing for all welfare recipients children included! test positive cut them off boot them into the street! Sorry for the rant!

You can be against guns all you want when you have a squad of people with guns protecting you. There should be at least a 4 man squad assigned to every citizen of NYC!
    8th ID likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Reminds me of the laws and prosecution of the bad guys in my country.
    It's insane! On one hand they try to bring down the lawfull numbers of licenses on ccw, on the other hand all those thugs get armed to there teeth and LE is not able to nail them. If ted do - courts are to soft on the perps. To many cases are pleabargained to much lesser offenses to clear "The System".
    Hell of a world for law abiding citizens and heaven for criminals.
    goldshellback likes this.

Links