Bad: Homeowner Shot by Intruder

This is a discussion on Bad: Homeowner Shot by Intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Avondale homeowner shot by intruder | News - Home This is a guy I used to work with. Glad he's okay....

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Hiram25
  • 1 Post By LUV2CARRY
  • 1 Post By WD54241

Thread: Bad: Homeowner Shot by Intruder

Bad: Homeowner Shot by Intruder

Avondale homeowner shot by intruder | News - Home

This is a guy I used to work with. Glad he's okay.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

2. Remove Ads

Homeowner shot by intruder. I'm glad he's okay as well. One thing.....while we're all here.......never put yourself at the short end of the stick if you can help it. Luck is only with scratch off lottery tickets. Your life is something else. How you care for it is up to you and you'll usually get just one chance. Never be at a disadvantage. Promise yourself you'll never be on the downhill side of anything and be ready to take a life to save your own. The good vs evil battle has already been won....you just need to keep yourself out of the fire.

Glad to read he is recovering ... Am I right to assume he was shot with the BG's weapon?
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    Glad to read he is recovering ... Am I right to assume he was shot with the BG's weapon?
    That's how it appears. Nothing I've seen really mentions the weapon.

You don't need to get in a physical altercation, unless you actually run into the BG before you know he's there. If you see them, back off and call 911.
    Idahokid and ksholder like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You don't need to get in a physical altercation, unless you actually run into the BG before you know he's there. If you see them, back off and call 911.
    I'm not saying he did the right thing. But I'm also not saying I wouldn't have armed myself and had a look-see.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I absolutely agree! Items can be replaced, lives can"t.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

The 'repeat offender' is still roaming the area and could be back for some additional drug money.
    Knowing that the dirtbag is still around is a worry.
    Jax already has a bad reputation for crime.

I'm glad the victim will make a full recovery, but I doubt that he will be very comfortable in this month-old residency.
    He needs to arm himself (the article didn't say he was...).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wish people in low crime areas could witness these stories. Many think I'm crazy for carrying concealed everywhere I go because supposedly this beautiful location is a low crime area. Considering all the news I hear about other places, I agree, we are very fortunate. However, we've had shootings stabbings and several home invasions while people are searching for drugs in just the last few months. Here's hoping nothing happens to them to where they may realize that times have changed. Better to be safe than sorry. Besides, I'm legal!!
    8th ID likes this.

This guy wakes early for work takes dog for walk comes home hears noise from garage between 5 & 5:30 am, it's still dark! goes out and confronts BG unarmed! I won't say he was dumb, he probably thought it was a critter. But if it was me, I'd have my shotgun! being it's dark and to many unknowns.
    8th ID likes this.

Links