Girl Scouts Robbed $1000 Cookie Money at Walmart - Thug wearing Mutant Teenage...

This is a discussion on Girl Scouts Robbed $1000 Cookie Money at Walmart - Thug wearing Mutant Teenage... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Thug Robs Girl Scouts At Aiken Wal-Mart Dressed In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pajamas What the hell is this world coming to when little girls ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Girl Scouts Robbed $1000 Cookie Money at Walmart - Thug wearing Mutant Teenage...

Girl Scouts Robbed $1000 Cookie Money at Walmart - Thug wearing Mutant Teenage...

Thug Robs Girl Scouts At Aiken Wal-Mart Dressed In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pajamas

What the hell is this world coming to when little girls are targeted by scumbags!

VIDEO: Man Robs Girl Scouts At Aiken Wal-Mart Dressed In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pajamas

Second Girl scout Robbery Outside a Texas Walmart... in as many days

Texas Girl Scouts fight fight back during cookie money robbery
    Texas Girl Scouts fight fight back during cookie money robbery - Crimesider - CBS News
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

2. Remove Ads

I know it's hard to let go of cash,but they would have been better off getting a tag number and description of the punks instead of risking their lives,too bad an adult with a CHL wasn't around
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I know it's hard to let go of cash,but they would have been better off getting a tag number and description of the punks instead of risking their lives,too bad an adult with a CHL wasn't around
    What would the outcome have been? Shooting the perp in the back for a snatch and run stealing? How do you think that might have worked out for the CHL holder? I know state laws are different but even here in Northern Virginia there's a good chance one would be arrested for murder.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

True Grit

While the girl's response was tactically unsound and dangerous for them under the circumstances, I must admire their spunk. With some training they will make great moms, wives, and daughters-in-law.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Nobody they interviewed "gets it". They are all in some way trying to shame the robber for picking on Girl Scouts. That's about as naive as it gets.

Bad guys don't care. This is what they do for a living. Nothing you can do or say will cause them to feel bad about it. You are just "next".

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Nobody they interviewed "gets it". They are all in some way trying to shame the robber for picking on Girl Scouts. That's about as naive as it gets.

Bad guys don't care. This is what they do for a living. Nothing you can do or say will cause them to feel bad about it. You are just "next".

Fitch
    This

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Distinguished Member
    It's time for Girls Scouts to add a marksmanship badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    What would the outcome have been? Shooting the perp in the back for a snatch and run stealing? How do you think that might have worked out for the CHL holder? I know state laws are different but even here in Northern Virginia there's a good chance one would be arrested for murder.
    The one in Texas was near my home. The use of force including deadly force in this situation would be covered by section 9.42 and 9.43 of the Texas penal code.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

There is a whole "me" generation out there in these times. It's all about "them" what "they" can get for "themselves" and "they" care little about others. How has it gotten to this point?

Selfishness abounds in much of our population becuase it has been encouraged and glorified in some cases. People who do things like this have been made to feel that it is ok, they are just down on their luck or someone, especially those who have something they do not, are the reason or the cause of their immoral behaviour. If only they would be given everything in life at birth, this "scenario" would not be happening. Having everything handed to you because you are (__________________) <--insert what ever description here.

As the sarcasm drips off of my statements, our society is sliding towards the pit. Something needs to be done drastically to change the attitude of this kind of person. What, I do not know, but something needs to be implimented and in a hurry or we all will be victims very soon.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

These type of scumbags are almost a dying breed IMO...

There dying as fast on the streets as they're being bred... almost!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    While the girl's response was tactically unsound and dangerous for them under the circumstances, I must admire their spunk. With some training they will make great moms, wives, and daughters-in-law.
    ... and maybe even future members of defensive carry (.) com
    64zebra likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    The one in Texas was near my home. The use of force including deadly force in this situation would be covered by section 9.42 and 9.43 of the Texas penal code.
    I am unable to determine how the above statute 9.42 would apply.

According to the statute a perp would have to be committing "arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
    nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime."

We can immediately knock out arson and burglary as not even remotely applicable.

This event would have appeared to have occurred during daylight hours. So we can knock out those two nighttime theft related offenses. That would seem to leave only the robbery offenses as the possible crime justifying use of deadly force.

According to the Texas statutes robbery is defined as:

§ 29.02. ROBBERY. (a) A person commits an offense if, in the course of committing theft as defined in Chapter 31 and with
    intent to obtain or maintain control of the property, he:
    (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or
    (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens or places another in fear of imminent bodily injury or death.

A snatch and run would not seem to fit the definition of robbery. At least that's my interpretation of the statute.

Aggravated robbery would seem to be robbery on steroids, so I definitely don't see that applying.

As regards 9.43, you have to meet the criteria of either 9.41 or 9.42 for 9.43 to come into play:

§ 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person
    is justified in using force or deadly force against another to
    protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if,
    under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the
    actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force
    or deadly force
    to protect his own land or property and

Statute 9.41 concerns non-deadly force scenarios so it doesn't come into play to suport a 9.43 justification.

So what would be the legal basis for shooting a grab and run thief at all, much less in the back?
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Stealin from a girlscout should be a hangin offense. Granted, their cookies seem to have gotten smaller & gone up in price the last few years.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another
    the little girl was hurt when he snached the cash box or he is a fleeing felon and you can shoot them
    tx pc ss 9.32
    to prevent the other's imminent commission of
    aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual
    assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

§ 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person
    is justified in using deadly force against another:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the
    other under Section 9.31;
    (2) if a reasonable person in the actor's situation
    would not have retreated; and
    (3) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
    deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to protect himself against the other's use or
    attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
    (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
    (b) The requirement imposed by Subsection (a)(2) does not
    apply to an actor who uses force against a person who is at the time
    of the use of force committing an offense of unlawful entry in the
    habitation of the actor.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    the little girl was hurt when he snached the cash box or he is a fleeing felon and you can shoot them
    tx pc ss 9.32
    to prevent the other's imminent commission of
    My bad. I didn't realize a Girl Scout had been hurt.

I only saw:
    "A gentleman comes up, sees the table and recognizes the cash box that they’re keeping their money in, grabs it, and walks off," said Lieutenant David Turno, of the Aiken Department of Public Safety.

According to the Girl Scouts, the man snatched the box from under a child's hand...and what was inside the box...well...it was no small profit. The girls say the man got away with $1,000.
    I don't see the robbery statute as being justification for using deadly force:

§
    29.02. ROBBERY. (a) A person commits an offense if, in the course of committing theft as defined in Chapter 31 and with
    intent to obtain or maintain control of the property, he:
    (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another; or
    (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens or places another in fear of imminent bodily injury or death.
    I don't see either of the criteria above as having been met.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't care who you shoot in Texas, or why you shoot them. I'm sure shooting somebody in the back for snatching and running away with a cigar box of money would make it to the news, and I always like reading interesting news items that I can pass on to my friends around the world. If you think you can spin snatching a cigar box from underneath the Girl Scout's hand as "recklessly causing bodily injury to another" or "intentionally placing another in fear of imminent bodily injury or death", then have at it.

It might be worth watching a couple of episodes of Gangland, like specifically the Texas Syndicate or Texas Aryan Brotherhood segments, to see what life could be like if you are overextending your interpretation of the Texas statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    My bad. I didn't realize a Girl Scout had been hurt.
    yea he stepped on her cookies

no really am I reading this wrong:
    A) to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
    (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual

§ 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
    justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
    tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the
    other under Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
    deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
    arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
    nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
    immediately after committing
    burglary, robbery, aggravated
    robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
    property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or
    recovered by any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to
    protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
    another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

in my option the criteria has been met -fleeing felon (thief over $1000) in disguise (no real way to ID) and little or no chance of recovering stolen items

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links