Bad: Weird: Oklahoma Mother Shoots Son

This is a discussion on Bad: Weird: Oklahoma Mother Shoots Son within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This ladys son attacked her physically. Then he called her a bad mother: That apparently did it, she shot him. Now she is in jail ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Bad: Weird: Oklahoma Mother Shoots Son

This ladys son attacked her physically. Then he called her a bad mother: That apparently did it, she shot him. Now she is in jail charged with attempted murder. Stuff like this only happens in OK.

Oklahoma City woman shoots adult son who called her a bad mother | NewsOK.com

The mother said her son arrived Feb. 28 at the home in the 700 block of SW 47 and began to hit her in the nose and kick her in the head, according to a police report. The man told her what a bad mother she had been, the report states.

Mary Elizabeth Fleming, 67, shot her son with a 32-caliber revolver and then called 911, the police report states. Police arrived about 7 p.m. and found the 52-year-old man lying in the yard and bleeding from the neck.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    WTH? He beats her up, so she defends herself (READ: disparity of force), and now she's being charged for AM (?). One can only imagine that these two must've had a long history of crap going on between them, given the fact that she was only 15 yrs old when she had him.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Hit in the nose and kicked in the head, I'd be getting worried about severe bodily harm about that time, BANG.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

"I brought you into this world, and I can darn well take you out of it" case dismissed. There is a lot to be known about this, but I firmly believe it is a parents right to use whatever force necessary to make their kids stop acting like morons.

Example: I DJ. I was at a wedding, working. "Kid" 21+ was wasted acting a fool picking fights. Father took him out to the parking lot, whipped the tar out of him (fighting, not take off his belt and whip him), threw him in the back of the childs' buddys truck and sent em on their way. As a parent and teacher I could have kissed the guy!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye. For starters, 52 years of dysfunctional behavior. I wouldn't want to be the DA. I would suspect the charges will be dropped or pled down, bad facts make bad law.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I gotta say it's going down the toilet when the worst threat in your life is your own kid.As far as Attempt Murder maybe she swallowed a 52 year after pill
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The irony of one claiming another is a "bad person" while hitting & kicking that "bad person" in the head is almost too much to wrap your head around.

Wow ... the mother was 15 with a new born son, sounds like 50+ years of a LOT of issues, likely at both ends. Nonetheless, disparity of a man hitting & kicking an older woman in the head should be cut & dry self defense, unless there are omissions or spins of facts by the media on this story .... NAAAAAAH, that never happens.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Methinks there was some alcohol involved in this situation...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Sponsored Links