Gunman sought after Pitt shooting

This is a discussion on Gunman sought after Pitt shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gunman sought after Pitt shooting; several injured | National & World News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1911_Kimber

Thread: Gunman sought after Pitt shooting

Distinguished Member

Gunman sought after Pitt shooting; several injured | National & World News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

I ddn't see this posted here anywhere so I'm doing so. In the comments of the above article, I posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob
    So again, this is a "gun free zone" which means that nobody can stop someone (or even attempt to stop someone) who is intent on shooting the place up. Gun Free Zones only provide sitting ducks for those who will not obey the law, period.
    But anti-gun people aren't likely to be thinking straight after this anyway (they usually aren't)

This got my attention today.

My wife just graduated fairly recently from Pitt. In the medical field.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

This is tragic... close to home.

I heard about this... The news said he came in with 2 weapons was in there for 15 minutes shooting at people... Killed one and injured many... Police took him out..

I figured it was a posted area... It's sad that so many had to pay for somebody else's decision not to allow citizens to defend themselves.
    accessbob likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

If He was shooting for 15 minutes and they are crediting the Campus Cops with a fast response...exactly what would a slow response entail 30 minutes,or an hour.
    One person posted that Cops are usually hanging out at that facility,To be honest they are lucky that there weren't a lot more victims.This is my one Pet Peeve ,Hospitals down here are posted with legal 30.06 signs against carrying
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    In the story here:

Pitt. gunman's photo may be released to help ID - CBS News

There is a quote which I couldn't have made fit any better to what I posted earlier. The quote was:

"We were kind of sitting ducks," Brant said. "Luckily, he didn't see us in there, and we didn't make eye contact with him."

Anywhere that the BG can be armed because he will not follow the law, and you are unarmed because you do follow the law, is just a stupid place to be, regardless of the reason.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links