CCL Doctor with gun saves others from hostage situation

This is a discussion on CCL Doctor with gun saves others from hostage situation within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KKTV Mobile Site Didnt have to shoot but got people out had gun drawn and was prepared to fire. Gave swat tactical info....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder

Thread: CCL Doctor with gun saves others from hostage situation

CCL Doctor with gun saves others from hostage situation

KKTV Mobile Site

Didnt have to shoot but got people out had gun drawn and was prepared to fire. Gave swat tactical info.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

2. Remove Ads

That is great work by the doctor. My sister works in the medical profession, and she told me that most of the doctors and nurses on her floor have their CHL.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Yeah, someone once said here that they thought doctors might have the hardest time shooting someone because of their oath to "do no harm." I thought, none of the doctors I know. Most doctors I know have a deep understanding of the fragility of life, and know the difference between right and wrong. I know several doctors who pack iron and as far as I know, are pretty committed to using it if it means saving an innocent person, or them self and loved ones.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I don't understand how he saved anybody. Did the bad guy even know he was there?

Just to be clear, I think it's awesome he was prepared and ready to engage. I just don't understand how the word "saved" comes into play. Had he not been there at all nothing would have turned out differently than it actually did?
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I don't understand how he saved anybody. Did the bad guy even know he was there?

Just to be clear, I think it's awesome he was prepared and ready to engage. I just don't understand how the word "saved" comes into play. Had he not been there at all nothing would have turned out differently than it actually did?
    I'm with you. I don't really get it. He was guarding a door that the BG never came through? Whoopee.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by ashamans View Post
    KKTV Mobile Site

Gave swat tactical info.
    Hey Swat team guys, I'm totally dressed in black, my pistol is black, my flashlight is black, my EDC knife is black and when you bust down the door I'll be the guy drinking from the $200 coffee mug with the IR illuminator and detachable carry handle. Good Luck and God Speed.

Couldn't resist. :)

VIP Member
    OK, "saved" may be the wrong word, but the surgeon appears to have coordinated and covered the exfiltration of the staff while an armed BG was on the loose. He didn't have to shoot the BG and the SWAT team went in and did their job. I give him kudos for getting the job done.
    Chesafreak likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links