Man Accidentally shoots friend

This is a discussion on Man Accidentally shoots friend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not too far from me! Man accidentally shoots friend | WCMessenger.com Man accidentally shoots friend By Brandon Evans | Published Saturday, March 17, 2012 One ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Man Accidentally shoots friend

Not too far from me!

Man accidentally shoots friend | WCMessenger.com
    Man accidentally shoots friend

By Brandon Evans | Published Saturday, March 17, 2012

One man from Alvord is probably hoping his luck will turn around heading into St. Patrick’s Day weekend.

Daniel Rosenauer, 23, was accidentally shot in the shoulder by a friend last weekend at the victim’s home in the 200 block of S. Wickham Street.

Robert Bosley, of Sunset, was showing off a new, 9 mm handgun.

“He’d taken the magazine out, and he didn’t think that there was a bullet in the chamber,” said Ashleigh Portales, crime scene investigator with Wise County Sheriff’s Office. “He pulled the trigger to show how it worked, and he accidentally shot (Rosenauer) in the shoulder.”

Rosenauer was transported to Wise Regional Health System in Decatur. He is expected to fully recover.

“The case is still under investigation, but it looks like it will be ruled as an accidental shooting,” Portales said. “The shooter was really upset after it happened.

“You have to always use basic firearm safety,” she said. “Know your weapon. Treat every weapon like it is loaded until you know for sure. And never point the barrel at anyone.”

Looks like he had a brain fart that almost cost his friend his life!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Ouch! He may have lost that friend...
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post

“You have to always use basic firearm safety,” she said. “Know your weapon. Treat every weapon like it is loaded until you know for sure. And never point the barrel at anyone.”
    She is wrong in one part of the statement. You need to treat every weapon like it is loaded ALWAYS, even if you "know for sure." That is the one way you can avoid complacency.
    mkh likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

It didn't accidentally go off, the guy pulled the trigger with a live one down the pipe, where's the accident?

Looks like simple negligence to me.

Lmao@"he pulled the trigger to show him how it works" ***?
    *swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Crescentstar likes this.
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Well, he learned one thing. He learned how it works.

Almost at the cost of killing someone.
    All_Business likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Not too far from me!

Man accidentally shoots friend | WCMessenger.com
    Man accidentally shoots friend

By Brandon Evans | Published Saturday, March 17, 2012

One man from Alvord is probably hoping his luck will turn around heading into St. Patrick’s Day weekend.

Daniel Rosenauer, 23, was accidentally shot in the shoulder by a friend last weekend at the victim’s home in the 200 block of S. Wickham Street.

Robert Bosley, of Sunset, was showing off a new, 9 mm handgun.

“He’d taken the magazine out, and he didn’t think that there was a bullet in the chamber,” said Ashleigh Portales, crime scene investigator with Wise County Sheriff’s Office. “He pulled the trigger to show how it worked, and he accidentally shot (Rosenauer) in the shoulder.”

Rosenauer was transported to Wise Regional Health System in Decatur. He is expected to fully recover.

“The case is still under investigation, but it looks like it will be ruled as an accidental shooting,” Portales said. “The shooter was really upset after it happened.

Looks like he had a brain fart that almost cost his friend his life!
    This about says it! He didn't follow the rules!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That's what happens to show offs that don't follow basic safety rules.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

How many of the basic rules of gun safety did this clown not use ?? Zip, nada............Clown.

I'm betting he's a newcomer to firearms. "Hey look how cool I am with this new 9 mil piece"....................."Bang........just made a fool of myself and my friend now has a 9 mil JHP lodged in his shoulder"

I'm a clown, with a gun.

I"m betting he DID NOT attend a basic NRA pistol safety course also. If he did, he wasted his time and money.

I sincerely wish I didn't have to read this stuff due to it's poor charachterization of gun owners. He sould be punished by having too attend every possible NRA course for pistol safety and marksmanship. During the course/s he it should be mandatory for him to wear a big sign that say's " I accidently shot my friend showing off my new pistol"

Believe it or not I have heard a couple of stories of U.S. Navy SEALs discharging their sidearms inside of the arms room. Rare, but there's alway's someone new to the Teams that just hasn't figured out how not to embarrass themselves. To be fair, there has also been an awful of 'trained" solders that have UD/AD also. But, that's another conversation concerning the lack of proper firearms training in the United States Army. Remember, everything in basic and AIT is taught at the lowest common denominator. Just because someone is an law enforcement officer or a soldier does mean that they have been annointed with "Expert" marksmenship skills. Often it's just the opposite.

Just some thoughts. My rant for the day !!
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Believe it or not I have heard a couple of stories of U.S. Navy SEALs discharging their sidearms inside of the arms room. Rare, but there's alway's someone new to the Teams that just hasn't figured out how not to embarrass themselves. To be fair, there has also been an awful of 'trained" solders that have UD/AD also. But, that's another conversation concerning the lack of proper firearms training in the United States Army. Remember, everything in basic and AIT is taught at the lowest common denominator. Just because someone is an law enforcement officer or a soldier does mean that they have been annointed with "Expert" marksmenship skills. Often it's just the opposite.

Just some thoughts. My rant for the day !!
    Thank you! I am sick and tired of seeing "he was an expert marksman in the (fill in the blank). Or just the fact someone is in the military they are somehow anointed as gun geniuses. The training is minimal and focused more on marksmanship than safety. The way the general military population practices gun safety and mitigates AD's is by not giving them ammo unless necessary (combat zone). At the range everything is unloaded until you are in position and ready to fire.
    As far as SeAls, SF, Marine Recon, Cag, they all have had there share of AD's and close calls.
    The fact is a human being and a gun (or anything) together mixed with distraction can lead to an accident. Nobody is immune to it. Who here has not seen at least a dozen unsafe acts at a range in their lifetime. One thing that always perks my ears up when I occasionally go to the public range is "look at my new gun!". Half the time the gun is already loaded.
    My rant is done LOL!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    All kinds of fail in that story...starting with the victim's choice of friends.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Seems like the friend always comes out on the wrong side of these deals.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Never hand or show a weapon to anyone loaded. I always drop the clip and rack the slide back. Visually inspect the chamber, because I always have a round chambered.
    accessbob and Pistology like this.

Didn't think there was one in the chamber.. um.. HELLO!

Shot friend in shoulder.. so.. you pointed the pistol at him huh? IDIOT!

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

Not gonna get on this guys case for the ND, accidents happen, but the bullet should have went into a rug or a chair...not an arm.
    Civil_Response likes this.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    Not gonna get on this guys case for the ND, accidents happen, but the bullet should have went into a rug or a chair...not an arm.
    Sorry, but stuff like this happens becasue of that kind of attitude. The bullet should not have gone ANYWHERE period. End of story.
    accessbob likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links