Acts of terrorism?

Acts of terrorism?

This is a discussion on Acts of terrorism? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lone gunman on a motorcycle in three separate incidences...hmmm. At Least 4 Killed In Shooting At French Jewish School Quotes from another news source: "A ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Acts of terrorism?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Acts of terrorism?

Lone gunman on a motorcycle in three separate incidences...hmmm.

At Least 4 Killed In Shooting At French Jewish School

Quotes from another news source: "A police official said the same powerful 11.43-caliber handgun used in Monday's attack..." and "In Monday's attack, the killer also used a 9-caliber gun, the police official said."

I'm pretty sure the "9-caliber" is 9mm, but does anyone know what a "11.43" is?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post

I'm pretty sure the "9-caliber" is 9mm, but does anyone know what a "11.43" is?

VIP Member
    There are plenty of nuts who would do multiple attacks like that who are not motivated by political issues or
    by hatred. It sort of sounds like someone imitating some of the attacks which have happened in Iran, India,
    former Soviet areas. The terrorism angle needs looking into, but my gut says ordinary lunatic.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Two attacks on French military personnel and an attack on Jewish children. I could be wrong but it sounds like the religion of peace to me.
    msgt/ret and Secret Spuk like this.

I thought guns were illegal in France. Don't all the libs want us to be more like Europe?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Two attacks on French military personnel and an attack on Jewish children. I could be wrong but it sounds like the religion of peace to me.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    What are you talking about?
    "a despicable murder of Jews, including small children." "How about Anti-Semitism"

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    "a despicable murder of Jews, including small children." "How about Anti-Semitism"
    Nazis?

Nazism isn't a religion. What is the religion of peace?

Have to agree.... 2 separate attacks on paratroppers and then Jewish children at school. .... tends to have some motivations other than 'just' being crazy, but .... for a "cause" .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Nazis?

Nazism isn't a religion. What is the religion of peace?
    If you don't know, I'm not telling you. It's an open secret.

Was it a Catholic? Was it a Protestant? How about a Hindu? If you guess anything but Muslim, you haven’t been paying attention to what’s been going on in France

With Muslims making up 25-33% of the current French population (no one knows for sure), it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a Muslim nation. If you think that can’t happen to America, your head is firmly planted in the sand.
    MotorCityGun and DRM like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    Was it a Catholic? Was it a Protestant? How about a Hindu? If you guess anything but Muslim, you haven’t been paying attention to what’s been going on in France

With Muslims making up 25-33% of the current French population (no one knows for sure), it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a Muslim nation. If you think that can’t happen to America, your head is firmly planted in the sand.
    JUST THE FACTS, as Joe Friday would say: Current French Population = 64,876,618

Yesterday it was reported that the Moslem population of France is 5 million, which comes nowhere near 25-33%. It was
    also reported that the Jewish population of France is about 500,000.

Wikipedia gives the Islamic population of France as between 5 and 10%

I think it is too soon to know if the shootings were international terrorism (Iran?), home grown terrorism, the sad work of
    a lunatic with no motive and random victims. The sad work of a lunatic with sufficient ability to plan as to make it look
    as if it was done by Islamic terrorists.

My mind on this is open, and I of course would be the last to disbelieve an anti-Semitic motive. It is certainly possible that
    the reason for picking the targets was to gain maximum outrage and publicity; as the shooting of the French paratroopers surely
    would have by itself.

As always, time will tell the tale.
    Bark'n likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Al-Qaeda gunman in Toulouse siege planned to kill another soldier ......BINGO!!! Wow it was a fundamentalist muslim what a surprise!! Some in this forum still want to make excuses for these animals.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    That area of France is a particular hotbed of radical Islamist mosques, no shock.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Per the AP, a 24 year old of Algerian descent, AlQuaid and proud of it, three French officers shot so far
    trying to effect an arrest. According to news accounts, the French Prosecutor claims he intended to
    kill another French soldier, had trained in Waziristan.

Acts of terrorism?

I really was hoping it was just a nut job and not another one of these organized terror incidents.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links