Bad: Wannabe hero gets back shot...

This is a discussion on Bad: Wannabe hero gets back shot... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...several times... and one in the head, just to be sure... Store owner apparently tried to draw against the drop, he got the BG but ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By WHEC724
  • 6 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By oakchas

Thread: Bad: Wannabe hero gets back shot...

Bad: Wannabe hero gets back shot...

...several times... and one in the head, just to be sure...

Store owner apparently tried to draw against the drop, he got the BG but got shot by the BG. Both store owner and BG drop their guns.

Good Samaritan, friend of owner, grabs owners gun and pursues fleeing BG that exchanged gunfire with store owner... BG had an accomplice in the store... Accomplice grabs BGs gun... follows Samaritan... shoots him in the back several times, and once in the head.

One BG is still in the wind.. The BG that was shot by the store owner is in critical condition, but expected to survive. The store owner is recuperating. The "hero" is dead... And his shooter is on the loose.

Story here

So, would you rather be a dead hero, or a good witness..? Just askin'.

A second story, similar to first here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Poor SA..... unfortunate

VIP Member
    Very sad. Real life scenarios are never like you think they will be.

It scares me how many times I read threads here where members talk about 'relying on their anger to carry them through', or 'rising to the occasion'. At best, you fall back on your training, and even that doesn't guarantee much.

Survival in these situations is about a good defense.
    ErnieNWillis and Inspector71 like this.

Tunnel Vision... It's a killer!

You have to be damn sure of who all the players are, before you insert yourself into a third party dispute.

In this case, store clerk shot... BG shot and flees. I think I would stay behind and render aid to the store clerk and protect him from any further gunfire (especially if I knew him and he was my friend).
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

It should be interesting to see if the BG rolls on his accomplice.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    It should be interesting to see if the BG rolls on his accomplice.
    He probably will, and the two of 'em will waive speedy trial... and get credit for time served... out in 5...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You have to be damn sure of who all the players are, before you insert yourself into a third party dispute.
    Exactly. That is why I am extremely hesistant to get involved in a third party affair. You never know what the full story is and we're not LEO. We don't have unions and departments to legally back us up when we intervene.

For those that want to be heroes, this story is just one example of how things can go terribly wrong.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Years ago when I was an LEO we had training films that dealt with a BG playing like a customer,and as soon as you turn your back you get blindsided.Guy played hero with no training and ended up dead,with all the cameras around now I'm gonna bet they know who the perp is pretty quick,the guy that played hero won't be getting a do-over
    oakchas likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

sorry the story didn't have a good outcome but he did what he thought was right and you can't fault a man for that!

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    sorry the story didn't have a good outcome but he did what he thought was right and you can't fault a man for that!
    You're right, he did what he thought was best. I hope most of us here know better.

Not to say don't get involved, not to say don't pull your weapon and use it... But that if we do, we do so with at least the belief that we know all the players, and do our best to protect ourselves and the current victim first... and any additional victims or potential victims second.
    Bark'n and WHEC724 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links