Bad: home invader/murderer gets 17 years

This is a discussion on Bad: home invader/murderer gets 17 years within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He might do more time.. but it's probably unlikely... Homeowner shot once at this guy, and instead of falling, he shot back... killing the homeowner... ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Bad: home invader/murderer gets 17 years

Bad: home invader/murderer gets 17 years

He might do more time.. but it's probably unlikely...

Homeowner shot once at this guy, and instead of falling, he shot back... killing the homeowner...

BG admitted to it... and gets life in prison... might actually have to spend 17 years in the joint... he'll be 39 when he gets out... the homeowner... he won't be back in 17 years, or ever...

But the BG is sorry, and he's gonna help prosecute the other 2 BGs.. So what.

Quit givin' these BGs short time... If it's a life sentence... make it be for life... no parole... or better yet... life in the electric chair.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Crazy. The whole system started going down hill with the advent of early release. 15-life means out in 7. Life sentence means out in 12. People only serving 1/3rd or less of a sentence is ridiculous.

Now days, if you want to keep them in for the rest of their life, you have to give them "life without parole." What's up with that? And even then, I wouldn't bet on it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    It's a sign of our society's moral decline, depending on what the meaning of "is" is.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Somehow, I forgot to link the story..

Here it is
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Its budget cuts.....yeah thats it.

Need to be more jails that catch fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Crazy. The whole system started going down hill with the advent of early release. 15-life means out in 7. Life sentence means out in 12. People only serving 1/3rd or less of a sentence is ridiculous.

Now days, if you want to keep them in for the rest of their life, you have to give them "life without parole." What's up with that? And even then, I wouldn't bet on it.
    A couple years ago the Oklahoma parole board tried to get around these life without parole sentences. Instead of recommending parole which would violate the new law they instead planned on recommending commutation, something still within the powers of the Governor. This would mean the Governor would commute the life without parole sentence to one that allowed for parole. I do not recall what the outcome of that was.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    A couple years ago the Oklahoma parole board tried to get around these life without parole sentences. Instead of recommending parole which would violate the new law they instead planned on recommending commutation, something still within the powers of the Governor. This would mean the Governor would commute the life without parole sentence to one that allowed for parole. I do not recall what the outcome of that was.

Michael
    Hopefully it was incarceration for the parole board members... To get to know their "rehabilitated friends" more personally.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The left leaning, modern progressive approach to our judicial system is a disgrace at best. The biggest argument for the past several decades has been the prison system. There are just not enough prisons in the country! Does anyone really believe the majority of prisoners being released either fulfilling there sentence or the early release because they participated in some program are truly remorseful for there actions? I doubt it, I sure don't. Chances are they came out hardened and madder that they were caught. We as a nation have become complacent and have accepted these programs as the proper course of action. We give them t.v.'s, weight training, college, free medical! We have completely forgot the major issue and problem, We have a critical shortage shortage of prisons.. My position is we completely shake up the welfare system, mandatory drug screening for all current recipients and future recipients on a random basis. Mandatory educational requirements for the children of the recipients. Mandatory strict adherence of criminal activity of the children of the recipients. End multi generational dependence! Limit the amount of time in public housing. I'm all in favor of using some of my tax money to assist those in need, but with strict limitations! The foreign aid to hostile unfriendly nations Egypt, Turkey etc should be cut off and redirected to the states for the building and manning new correctional facilities. When your sentenced to 15 years, you do 15 years. Take budgets for road work and use prison labor. Sorry Unions but were in this mess together! Sorry for the long posting I could go on and on.

The left needs the voters and their locked up. That's why their wanting things like, early release, let illegals vote, let illegals be citzens, let convicts vote in prison, it goes on.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Links