Two dead, two injured in Durham shooting

This is a discussion on Two dead, two injured in Durham shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not much to go on just yet as this was a breaking news story at 5 o’clock. But this is the type of scenario that ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlately

Thread: Two dead, two injured in Durham shooting

VIP Member

Not much to go on just yet as this was a breaking news story at 5 o’clock. But this is the type of scenario that makes me wonder what is a good course of action? Personally the first thing I would do is to find any type of cover and get out of the line of fire then revaluate as to engage or try to move to better cover then engage, opinions?

Durham, N.C. — A gunman was at large Friday afternoon in Durham County after shooting four people near the corner of East Geer Street and Club Boulevard, authorities said. The Durham Sheriff's Office initially reported that five people were shot, but they revised the total down as the investigati

Relatives said a man walked into J.T. Tire, at 2202 E. Greer St., at about 3 p.m. and shot the owner, John R. Turner, another employee and a customer. Property records show Turner owned the store with his wife, Betty T. Turner, whom relatives said was also rushed to a nearby hospital.

"My uncle ain't never done nobody wrong," said Ray Turner.

Neighbor Michael Walker said he heard about 10 shots and saw one person lying outside the store covered with a sheet.

According to the sheriff's office, two people died and two others suffered gunshot wounds. A fifth person was hurt while trying to avoid the gunfire.
    Two dead, two injured in Durham shooting :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I would do as you stated. Make sure it is random shooting with intent to kill people, then try to position to "stop" the shooter. Try to ramp up memory acuity and also call 911.

More of NC big city violence....Durham is and has been a mess for along time......
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Sounds like a targeted killing.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Sounds like another day in Durham and another reason to not be there....

The latest story suggests that it was just a robbery...just another day with dirtbags.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The cabbie who stopped there to get a tire fixed, was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think the shooter may have thought he was cheated(not saying he was) and was there to get his "due".
    Everytime I'm someplace like that, my head is on a swivel, looking for this type of shennanigans.
    Thugs definitely got the element of suprise.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    "My uncle ain't never done nobody wrong," said Ray Turner.
    Really? I suppose bad grammar doesn't count.

Links