Multiple fatalities in California college shooting

Multiple fatalities in California college shooting

This is a discussion on Multiple fatalities in California college shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bad news... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/02...edical-school/ 'Multiple fatalities' in California college shooting, police say - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Multiple fatalities in California college shooting

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Sure glad those people that run the place are smart enough to know this will never happen on a college campus. Thank god they got it under control and normal citizens don’t have to carry and protect ourselves
    MisterAvis likes this.

It must have been a misunderstanding. If he'd known the university was a gun free zone he would have taken his gun somewhere else.
    Will the antis ever wake up?!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Sure glad those people that run the place are smart enough to know this will never happen on a college campus. Thank god they got it under control and normal citizens don’t have to carry and protect ourselves
    SARCASM ON - They are not afraid of a criminal coming onto the campus and shooting it up. They are afraid that if they let every law abiding citizen on campus have one that these LAW ABIDING people will suddenly become criminals and it will be blood in the class rooms when they all start using their firearms instead of solving their arguments without weapons. Of course that has happened on every campus which allows concealed carry, oh but wait - it hasn't. But don't confuse them with facts. They'd rather have 6 people dead than to have a POSSIBILITY that someone law abiding might snap. SARCASM OFF.

It just keeps proving true how idiotic the administrators are.
    beararms and stancehold like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I thought they'd figured out how to legislate against these types of incidents in Kalifornia already (eyes rolling).

Never let the facts stand in the way of a good argument.
    accessbob likes this.

VIP Member
    It's a shame and I'm saddened to see this happen, I feel the people there (administrators, legislators and the voters) have some responsibility in this tragedy for continuing to empower the criminal with more freedom, while tying the hands of responsible citizens.

I don't think the solution is stricter laws for the honest citizen, I think it's more about solving this with laws the criminals would hate.
    stancehold and Pistology like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Rest assured this will be another tragedy spun by the antis.
    8th ID and Inspector71 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    SARCASM ON - They are not afraid of a criminal coming onto the campus and shooting it up. They are afraid that if they let every law abiding citizen on campus have one that these LAW ABIDING people will suddenly become criminals and it will be blood in the class rooms when they all start using their firearms instead of solving their arguments without weapons. Of course that has happened on every campus which allows concealed carry, oh but wait - it hasn't. But don't confuse them with facts. They'd rather have 6 people dead than to have a POSSIBILITY that someone law abiding might snap. SARCASM OFF.

It just keeps proving true how idiotic the administrators are.
    I agree with you that if someone is going to commit a violent act that they will do it with an E-acto knife, pencil or even a Bunsen burner. Chances are no one walks into class with a firearm that has done a background check and had some training is going to go on a rampage like that.

I fail to seem to understand the “educated” part of our society that fails to see the simple dangers

It is a shame that those in control still do not understand the concept of 'gun free zones' and the harm they cannot prevent.

Several armed CCW permitted individuals in the crowd could have perhaps saved some of those lives.:bandhead:
    SigHawk and MrBuckwheat like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    The problem is, they (administrators) are FAR more interested in being RIGHT than anything else. The LAST thing they want is to be proven wrong. They believe guns are inherently evil and they refuse to believe any other way.

I'm speaking of administrators and liberal professors across America, and not specifically those in this small Korean school. I know Korea (been there several times), and crime over there is non-existent compared to here. In their culture, no one really needs a gun (not to say NEVER, but really they don't). They have a MUCH better grip on the problem than we do. For one thing, in their K-12 they put the fear in those students, that if they are bad they will pay! We used to do that -- but we stopped.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

It is this (school shooting) sort of thing that sickens and angers me. I do not understand this mindset at all. I accept that it is out there but I will never understand why.
    (2Co 11:3 KJV) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter380 View Post
    It is this (school shooting) sort of thing that sickens and angers me. I do not understand this mindset at all. I accept that it is out there but I will never understand why.
    One probably has to be a nutter to really understand the nutter. I liken it to the concept of a Librarian vs. a Nuclear Physicist trying to understand a Nuclear Bomb. Sure the Librarian can read all the books and sorta get a feel for things, but the scientist that actually applies the principals is the one that really understands all of the intricacies involved. The rest just scratch their heads and go "huh?".
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter380 View Post
    It's not possible to think like those that are so fundamentally different than yourself. It's nature to try to put yourself in other people's shoes but it just doesn't always work that way. I've been wanting to weigh in on this but it's pretty futile. We all (all of us here) know what the problem is and know how to fix it but we're all just ******* in the wind.... Very sad, very preventable. My heart goes out to the victims' families.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Reading the news stories, I am amazed at the number of adults who are willing to admit that they heard the shooting and hid. They almost seem proud of their response. We have effectively neutered society. We need more attitudes like flight 92, "Let's Roll!" Even though this guy was armed, a couple of willing people could have taken him down and at least reduced the fatalities. What happened to all our heros? We use to have everyday heors who would do what needed to be done whether it benefited them or not. Now everyone just wants to run and hide. Together, with selfless acts, we can be so much better.
    accessbob and stancehold like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links