I Love happy endings

This is a discussion on I Love happy endings within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No second guessing, no one accusing shooter.... Local News | Fatal shooting of intruder in North Bend called justified | Seattle Times Newspaper...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I Love happy endings

I Love happy endings

Ruger Redhawk .44 4"
    S&W 686 .357 2.5"
    S&W 649 .357 2.5"
    XDm .45 3.8"

2. Remove Ads

I love a feel good story once in a while. Textbook SD, IMO.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuckoo429 View Post
    I love a feel good story once in a while. Textbook SD, IMO.
    I'm glad that the resident of the house did not fall victim to the criminal. And yes, textbook SD but, in my opinion, nothing "feel good" about this one.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Sounds like one smart homeowner.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    I'm glad that the resident of the house did not fall victim to the criminal. And yes, textbook SD but, in my opinion, nothing "feel good" about this one.
    What feels good, is the fact that the homeowner is not being charged. To be honest, that is a good feeling....

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Criminal breaks into home, criminal threatens to kill homeowner, homeowner kills criminal. Pretty feel good to me.

I feel bad when I hit a squirrel that decided to try and make it across the road in front of me. As humans, we have a little more cognitive ability that squirrels, and can assume the product of our actions. So let's just say I hold (most) humans at a higher standard than squirrels. They commit the crime, they know the possible outcomes, they sign their own death warrant, feels good to me because we don't have to house and feed them the rest of their lives wile they watch tv and do drugs in prison.
    JoJoGunn, Yankeejib and JDE101 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    What feels good, is the fact that the homeowner is not being charged. To be honest, that is a good feeling....
    A man and his girlfriend so distraught from the traumatic event of having to kill an intruder that they are not going to live in that house anymore. The intruder was a man who may have been a good man in distress, may have been a bad man that there was help for and may have been able to turn his life around.....or maybe there was no hope for him. In any case. He is dead, although better him than the man who killed him. But a man is still dead. NOTHING about that situation is feel good to me.

I am also glad that he was able to defend himself and do it without being charged.

I don't expect everyone to feel like me though.... To each their own.

VIP Member
    I feel bad for the victims of the break in. They sound extremely traumatized.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Feeling good or not about an event like this is a personal choice.

We all know that for every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action.

While I would never celebrate the death of another human being, we sometimes say things because of the frustration we feel that a person chose a pathway leading to death. After seeing this time after time, it is no wonder we say "well, I feel good about the outcome" because the criminal could have killed his victim instead of the other way around.

I really am sorry, but the older I get, the less pity I feel for those who constantly ply the trade of crime. The old "hardening of the heart" so to speak. They know full well what could happen, but they still choose to commit criminal acts. So yes, I feel good that this person will no longer be doing crime, but not feeling good that he lost his life in the commission of it. It's sad, but is a fact of life that people need to learn.
    BurgerBoy and oneshot like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

A man and his girlfriend so distraught from the traumatic event of having to kill an intruder that they are not going to live in that house anymore. The intruder was a man who may have been a good man in distress, may have been a bad man that there was help for and may have been able to turn his life around.....or maybe there was no hope for him. In any case. He is dead, although better him than the man who killed him. But a man is still dead. NOTHING about that situation is feel good to me.

I am also glad that he was able to defend himself and do it without being charged.

I could care less what state of mind the BG was in...He is still a BG. Im glad the homeowner was victorious in this, and it does make me happy that they will not be charged. You are right about one thing, To each their own....
    oneshot and BurgerBoy like this.

Let's recap: Homeowner defends self. Will not be charged. BG will NOT commit another crime. Taxpayers don't have to feed BG/house BG for years, then have him turned loose to commit another crime using "skills" he learned in prison. What's not to feel good about? Oh yah, the lose of a human life. It happens all the time to GOOD people, so we should feel bad when it happens to a BAD person? Guess I'm just too old to believe in the "turn the other cheek" leftist liberal do gooder everone has a good side and can be rehabilitated view anymore.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

It's a sad state of affairs when one has to "legally" retreat in one's own home against home invasion and violence, for fear of prosecution. I'm reading between the lines of course...

Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I feel bad for the victims of the break in. They sound extremely traumatized.
    I'm with ya on this one. Glad they did the right thing though.
    AZJD1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Let's recap: Homeowner defends self. Will not be charged. BG will NOT commit another crime. Taxpayers don't have to feed BG/house BG for years, then have him turned loose to commit another crime using "skills" he learned in prison. What's not to feel good about? Oh yah, the lose of a human life. It happens all the time to GOOD people, so we should feel bad when it happens to a BAD person? Guess I'm just too old to believe in the "turn the other cheek" leftist liberal do gooder everone has a good side and can be rehabilitated view anymore.
    Lets recap again: I never said that the BG didnt deserve to die for his actions, nullifying your statement of
    Taxpayers don't have to feed BG/house BG for years, then have him turned loose to commit another crime using "skills" he learned in prison
    Nor did I say that the homeowner did the wrong thing by defending himself, nullifying your statement of me being a
    turn the other cheek" leftist liberal do gooder everone has a good side and can be rehabilitated view
    On the contrary, I said this:
    and this:
    I'm glad that the resident of the house did not fall victim to the criminal
    I gave my opinion that there is nothing to "feel good" about in this story and I gave why and I will stick by that. I will not "feel good" about the loss of a human life, whether they are a good person or bad person, and it is MY OPINION. You can like it or not, it won't change. I also said this:
    That means that you can have your opinion and I won't flame you for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links