Shot/killed while skateboarding in "good" neighborhood/Virginia Beach

This is a discussion on Shot/killed while skateboarding in "good" neighborhood/Virginia Beach within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 20-year-old shot in Beach neighborhood dies | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads VIRGINIA BEACH -- A 20-year-old shot late Thursday afternoon on Old Forge Road ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shot/killed while skateboarding in "good" neighborhood/Virginia Beach

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Shot/killed while skateboarding in "good" neighborhood/Virginia Beach

20-year-old shot in Beach neighborhood dies | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

VIRGINIA BEACH -- A 20-year-old shot late Thursday afternoon on Old Forge Road died from his injuries.
    No video with this story but on the news last night they showed a skateboard in the crime scene. No suspects. Apparently a popular and well liked young man in a community not accustomed to violence.

Not stated, but the victim is apparently caucasian, the video report showed all his friends and his GF as caucasian. Sadly I speculate this may be another possible revenge type shooting, a result of the recent "racial" media event down in Florida that shall remain unspoken here at DC.

We should all remain on high alert for mob violence and random ambushes during these uncertain times.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    The article (at least when I read it right now) was one of those so scarce in details it just makes you want to beat the reporter up. They are in such a hurry to report that something happened that they don't give any information. That is so common these days.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    The article (at least when I read it right now) was one of those so scarce in details it just makes you want to beat the reporter up. They are in such a hurry to report that something happened that they don't give any information. That is so common these days.
    Sound bites. We're living in a world of bits and bites of information. Anything longer than that and we lose interest. We've become accustomed to receiving snippets of information. Just like those commercials where someone brags "that was so 15 seconds ago!" BTW, I hate those.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Not stated, but the victim is apparently caucasian, the video report showed all his friends and his GF as caucasian. Sadly I speculate this may be another possible revenge type shooting, a result of the recent "racial" media event down in Florida that shall remain unspoken here at DC.
    Uh, how did you overlook that the picture of the victim is a man with dark skin and the name Ameer Kareem Hamid Baksh. Doesn't appear to be caucasian or a "possible revenge type shooting, a result of the recent "racial" media event down in Florida" to me.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

"VIRGINIA BEACH --Va. Beach Police are looking for the person who shot and killed a 20-year-old man late Thursday afternoon." and the end of the article says "I wanted to, like, actually, throw up, 'cause it's like, wow," Amanda Bagin told 13News. "It's amazing, especially, that you found out it's just your sister's friend. It's sad."

well do they have them or not... I am lost

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Uh, how did you overlook that the picture of the victim is a man with dark skin and the name Ameer Kareem Hamid Baksh. Doesn't appear to be caucasian or a "possible revenge type shooting, a result of the recent "racial" media event down in Florida" to me.
    There wasn't a picture when the OP posted the link. It wasn't even there when I looked originally.

And what eloquence of speech the two Bagins have.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    ParentFurther Every Kid - FamilyEducation.com

"Baksh
    Last name origin & meaning:
    Muslim (Iranian, also found in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh): from a Persian personal name, Bakhsh, based on the Persian word bakhsh meaning ‘fate’, ‘destiny’, ‘portion’, ‘share’."

I'm pretty sure all these groups are generally regarded as being of the the race commonly referred to as white.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Sad story,,
    SHows that it can AND will happen anywhere.
    Sad that he didn't see it coming. Wonder if it was a drive by
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    ParentFurther Every Kid - FamilyEducation.com

"Baksh
    Last name origin & meaning:
    Muslim (Iranian, also found in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh): from a Persian personal name, Bakhsh, based on the Persian word bakhsh meaning ‘fate’, ‘destiny’, ‘portion’, ‘share’."

I'm pretty sure all these groups are generally regarded as being of the the race commonly referred to as white.
    I googled that and found thats true. What a surprise. Still doubt its revenge over Trayvon Marting considering how dark his skin is.

I used to live pretty close to where this happend. The reason I moved away from Virginia Beach was because of the crime. I lived in the same neighborhood where this happend, and later in Green Run which is a bad neighborhood. The two neighborhoods are pretty close to each other.

DC
    ^ I'm Green Run HS class of '85 although I lived very close to Chesapeake/ VB border at that time...crazy that I drove right past Kempsville HS to get there...not really complaining though.

I saw the story. The possible "revenge threats" have been on my mind. Working in the construction trade I'm often in neighborhoods that I'm not familiar with. Always new surroundings to challenge my SA skills.

VIP Member
    I googled that and found thats true. What a surprise. Still doubt its revenge over Trayvon Marting considering how dark his skin is.
    So dark-skinned whites get a pass from racial retaliation, if and when it does indeed happen?
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So dark-skinned whites get a pass from racial retaliation, if and when it does indeed happen?
    I seriously doubt that youts in hoodies are aware that Iranians are considered white. I have six years of college and didn't know that.

VIP Member
    I seriously doubt that youts in hoodies are aware that Iranians are considered white. I have six years of college and didn't know that.
    We covered world geography and social studies in fifth and sixth grades.
    Tuco

My ex and her kids live in that neighborhood the kids are about the same age as the victim.

BTW DC they've renamed the area from Greenrun to Gangrun

Kempsville class of '87 you guys planted a tree on our 50 yard line once I can't remember if it was in '85 or '86 though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links