Guess he grabbed the wrong guy...

This is a discussion on Guess he grabbed the wrong guy... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...WS01/609020514 My father always said nothing good ever happened at 3 in the morning! That being said, legal permit holder, should be no problems for ...

Thread: Guess he grabbed the wrong guy...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...WS01/609020514

My father always said nothing good ever happened at 3 in the morning! That being said, legal permit holder, should be no problems for the shooter. Also, its not in the article, but the "victim" had robbed someone else about thirty minutes before his next attempt.

Zenorís death raises the homicide toll in county to 98 this year.
    Nice bit of objective reporting, there. In advance of charges, self defense against a proven robber is claimed as a homicide statistic.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Even in the court, it will be ruled as "JUSTIFIABLE OR JUSTIFIED HOMICIDE"

The definition of homicide: The killing of one human being by another.

The definition of murder: The unlawful killing of a human being by another.

Funny addition, another definition of murder is: a group or flock of crows. (I didn't know that)
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    The definition of homicide: The killing of one human being by another.
    Yes, I know. I'm just lamenting the need of the media to pin another one on the mantle piece. One would think self-defense situations would go into another category and not goose up the numbers that everyone points to when they claim high rates of killing ... the implication being, any killing is bad ... often that killing of any sort = murder, etc. Something like: self-defense deaths; homicides; murders. Not going to happen anytime soon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

does make any mention if the gun was in the car or on his person... not sure on indiana law. do they allow concealed carry in a bar?

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exmasonite View Post
    does make any mention if the gun was in the car or on his person... not sure on indiana law. do they allow concealed carry in a bar?
    If I read this correctly, the shooting occured outside the bar.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Nice bit of objective reporting, there. In advance of charges, self defense against a proven robber is claimed as a homicide statistic.
    Seems objective enought to me. They defined the shooter as the victim. They clearly said it was self defense. They said how the robber got more than he bargained for. All in all, they portrayed the GG as the GG and the BG as the BG.

And it IS homicide. It just isn't murder.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I would have liked to have read more about the weapon, ammunition, where the entry/exit wounds were on the BG, and how long it took him to expire.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Indiana allows carry in a bar unless they've outlawed it again. In fact, we allow carry in all places except 1000 feet from a school and where the feds say you can't: Commercial aircraft and federal buildings.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar47/

Also looks like they've changed the law regarding schools. I don't see it anyplace. As well, before you could transport someone to a school while carrying but not exit the vehicle. Now you can leave your pistol in the vehicle.

Also notice all the repeals :D One of those repeals used to be the alcohol law back prior to, IIRC, 1998 or '99.

I'm not a lawyer nor have I played one on TV.

Josh <><

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    You know, the thing I don't understand is where the Brady Bunch and all the other anti-gun organizations get this information on "crime statistics" when it comes to self-defense using guns. The only place that will freely give you that kind of categorized information across the country is the FBI. Yet, justifiable homicide is NOT a crime, and therefore isn't reported as a crime statistic. Seems that only murder and non-negligent homicide are the only ones that are reported to the FBI, where do they get this information from?

From the FBI on Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR): "Criminal homicide ―a.) Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter: the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one human being by another. Deaths caused by negligence, attempts to kill, assaults to kill, suicides, and accidental deaths are excluded. The Program classifies justifiable homicides separately and limits the definition to: (1) the killing of a felon by a law enforcement officer in the line of duty; or (2) the killing of a felon, during the commission of a felony, by a private citizen. b.) Manslaughter by negligence: the killing of another person through gross negligence. Traffic fatalities are excluded."

Cheers.

Links