Bad: Three Killed At OH Cracker Barrel Restraunt

This is a discussion on Bad: Three Killed At OH Cracker Barrel Restraunt within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A lady and her hubby were at a Cracker Barrel restraunt. She told him she was leaving. The guy did not take it well. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bad: Three Killed At OH Cracker Barrel Restraunt

A lady and her hubby were at a Cracker Barrel restraunt. She told him she was leaving. The guy did not take it well. He started driving around the parking lot and his wife called the police. When the police arrived they discovered the perp had killed two people. The perp was killed by police.

Police: 3 killed at restaurant in northeast Ohio - Yahoo! News

Police shot and killed an armed man Thursday at a restaurant where two other people were killed and one was wounded, authorities said.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Officers arrived, heard gunshots and saw an armed man leaving the restaurant in Brooklyn, Ohio, near Cleveland. Police Chief Scott Mielke said officers shot him when he refused to surrender.

.................................................. .................................................. ............................................

I witnessed a domestic dispute at a restaurant yesterday, and had concerns that something like this might happen when the guy stormed out to his car... why can't some people break up or divorce without getting violent?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Sad day. I have also witnessed a domestic 'meltdown' in a restaurant.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Just another sad "I cannot live without her" mentality. I am not dowining women, on the contrary, women are fine, it's that attitude that for some reason he cannot accept the fact she no longer wanted to be his wife. It also may be that he was a major control freak and her leaving his control set him over the edge and that warranted an action like this.

I'm sure he felt justified in his actions right up to the point the cops shot him dead. Now he has the eternity he recieved to ponder that decision.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Most of the time when I eat out I tend to keep my head on a swivel for anything that may interrupt my meal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I don't think he felt justified killing family members he was just out of control from a significantly disturbing event.

Feel sorry for the family and friends of deceased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yoda; April 13th, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

This has to be a hoax report as Cracker Barrel policy is no firearms.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    This has to be a hoax report as Cracker Barrel policy is no firearms.
    I have been to many Cracker Barrel restaurants in several states and have never seen one posted. Plus being non-alcoholic they are one of the few restaurants where we can carry in North Carolina.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't think he felt justified killing strangers he was just out of control from a significantly disturbing event.

Feel sorry for the innocent people just in wrong place at wrong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just an FYI for you all, the people killed were his wife and 10 year old daughter and the shooter, he also shot his other 10 year old daughter, but she is still alive.

Man kills wife, daughter and critically injures second daughter - 19 Action News|Cleveland, OH|Breaking News, Weather, Exclusives
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    more to come as the generation of 'special' and 'entitled' age and meet the real world.

and having not been taught coping skills, now they unpredictably and radically go over the top
    when confronted with life's many disappointments.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

As much as everyone might feel the need to get involved these type of fights can go in many different directions including getting the 3rd party shot.. Its best to let the cops handle these things

All I got is contempt for that ........'s soul and I pray that child recovers physically AND emotionally.

Clay might be on to something........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So much for "do it in public for safety." More like "do it at the police station."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The article says he went out to the parking lot where he stormed around for a while, then went to his car and retrieved a RIFLE and re-entered the resturant, where he proceeded to shoot his wife and both his 10 year old daughters.

I know that we debate back-and-forth about the pros and cons of getting involved in an altercation where we don't know the actors, versus the position of being a good wittness. However, in my thinking, watching a guy who is obviously distraught come back in with a long-gun and then proceed to murder his wife and KIDS (yeah, I know, only one child has died so far), but I don't know if I could just stand by an be "a good wittness" and watch a guy murder a woman and kids.........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    more to come as the generation of 'special' and 'entitled' age and meet the real world.

and having not been taught coping skills, now they unpredictably and radically go over the top
    when confronted with life's many disappointments.
    I think claude clay hit the nail on the head! The generation where nobody loses/everybody is a winner and gets a trophy, nobody is supposed to feel "bad" about themselves, blah, blah, blah, never learned how to face--and overcome--disappointment! They've never really faced adversity and have never developed the coping skills. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this.

And as others have said, I've never seen a Cracker Barrel "posted". It was one of the few places I could eat in Ohio, other than fast food joints, until the legislature finally changed the law last fall about carrying in places that serve alcohol. I've carried in a CB since I received my CHL 3 years ago.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links