Amber Alert : Man Kills Wife Abducts Daughter

This is a discussion on Amber Alert : Man Kills Wife Abducts Daughter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happend in Mercer Co. West Virginia. The maggot apparently killed his wife. Then he went to his parent's house. They had the 8 year ...

Thread: Amber Alert : Man Kills Wife Abducts Daughter

Amber Alert : Man Kills Wife Abducts Daughter

This happend in Mercer Co. West Virginia. The maggot apparently killed his wife. Then he went to his parent's house. They had the 8 year old girl. He zip ties them up and abducts his daughter. He is driving a white Jeep Cherokee Laredo with WV license #6C 3202.

Police say he is armed with a .357 magmum and is dangerous. Last reports he may be headed west on I-64. That would put him in my area eventually or maybe crossing into Kentucky near Cattlettsburg.

If anyone sees this guy please call the cops.

Amber Alert issued for W.Va. child - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    This is very sad.Glad the parents are OK.
    Saying prayers for the little girls safety.
    This, in a lot of cases is when "mom" falls for a "bad boy", not thinking if he'll make a good husband/father, has a child/children and then reality hits. He likes being out with the boys, his girl in the next town, the fishin hole instead of work, and so on,,,,,,,,,,,and then she drops the yellow flag and declares its over, and he say's it isn't.
    Very sad.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Hope they find him before the daughter comes to harm.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This is a situation,that if my kid did something like that,once he was caught,convicted/sentenced,that would be the last time he ever saw or heard from me.To kill the mother of your child and then tie up your own parents just to kidnap a child,sometimes it's possible that there could be sexual abuse in a lot of cases,but this is the last ditch effort of somebody that doesn't like being told what to do and thinks that other people are the cause of his problems,hopefully theres a standoff and he resists resulting in a Sniper ending it.Either way the kid will be traumatized for life
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    This is a situation,that if my kid did something like that,once he was caught,convicted/sentenced,that would be the last time he ever saw or heard from me.To kill the mother of your child and then tie up your own parents just to kidnap a child,sometimes it's possible that there could be sexual abuse in a lot of cases,but this is the last ditch effort of somebody that doesn't like being told what to do and thinks that other people are the cause of his problems,hopefully theres a standoff and he resists resulting in a Sniper ending it.Either way the kid will be traumatized for life
    Well said and most likely true. With abductions like this, it is all about the "wrongs" that others have caused to the abductor. They feel nothing for the victims of this action, in fact, they do not consider them victims. Only he is the victim.

I fear that if he is cornered, he will just turn the gun on the girl and kill her. It really isn't about her or her welfare, it is about him. If she survives, she has lost a parent (mother) and the DNA contributor they call the "father". Calling him that in my opinion is an insult on steroids to any father.

What is he telling this girl? She may be frozen with fear and willing to listen to anything and then lapse into the Stockholm Syndrome, where not only will she believe him to survive, she may actually indentify with his motive and action. She may also go out of her way to protect him from capture or death. This is part of our self-preservation mode and sadly, she has "died" somewhat in her mental state and will suffer for the rest of her life.

There will be no winners in this, only losers.

A sniper may just end this dirtbag's life...hope the young lady survives the ordeal.
    It will certainly effect her for the rest of her life.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

UPDATE : Girl Safe, Father In Custody

Not much information yet from the WSAZ news story but apparently they have the guy in custody and the girl has been rescued. Thank God.

BREAKING NEWS: Mercer Co. Girl Safe; Father Now in Custody

good end to a bad situation

Glad the girl is safe and the perp is behind bars. The perp will end up at the prison in Huttonsville. Its a dorm style prison; his stay there will not be pleasant.

The "Rest" of the Story

Atwell's dad speaks out on the abuction from the WSAZ newslink. He states that his son is Bi-Polar and when stessed, he just "snaps." Speaking from knowing someone bi-polar, I know all too well that "it" can happen. I have witnessed the rage and aggression, it's scary that a person can be that way.

He's a good hearted person but when he's in a really stressful situation he can snap," he said.

Willard said his son suffers from bi-polar disorder and other mental porblems. He said Tracey told him he didn't mean to kill Christina and even tried to save her
    I still don't like it or make an excuse for this guy, he has alledgedly murdered his wife and after doing that, kidnapped his daughter. He's going to be locked up for the rest of his life, his kid will be traumatized for hers. The whole family has been destroyed by this.

Links