European Brandishing; it's a different world over there!

This is a discussion on European Brandishing; it's a different world over there! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pippa Middleton under fire after friend allegedly brandishes handgun in Paris, report says | Fox News Go to the original article on The Sun, it's ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 8th ID

Thread: European Brandishing; it's a different world over there!

VIP Member

Pippa Middleton under fire after friend allegedly brandishes handgun in Paris, report says | Fox News

Go to the original article on The Sun, it's very interesting how demonized the handgun is. I realize that France is still reeling from the recent gun violence but still... And poor Pippa could get arrested for simply being in the vehicle with the moron; arrested for nothing more than being associated with an idiot.

I'm all for locking people up when they do downright stupid things with firearms; and obviously that guy is a total tool and should probably never be allowed near so much as a cap gun. But I do think it's a fair bit overboard to charge the other people in the vehicle. What are they supposed to do, grab the pistol while that idiot has his finger resting on the trigger?

VIP Member
    Underneath the picture the caption reads "The lovely and talented Pippa Middleton". I thought that was kind of funny, showing such pro Middleton bias in an article about her involvement with the police.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

They all seem to be laughing, as the driver has his finger on the trigger pointing it at the cameraman. Pretty dumb.

They must have different rules over there?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Underneath the picture the caption reads "The lovely and talented Pippa Middleton". I thought that was kind of funny, showing such pro Middleton bias in an article about her involvement with the police.
    Ha. I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. And while I'll agree she is quite lovely, I'm not sure how much talent you can infer from riding in the passenger seat of a car.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Pippa Middleton under fire after friend allegedly brandishes handgun in Paris, report says | Fox News

Go to the original article on The Sun, it's very interesting how demonized the handgun is. I realize that France is still reeling from the recent gun violence but still... And poor Pippa could get arrested for simply being in the vehicle with the moron; arrested for nothing more than being associated with an idiot.

I'm all for locking people up when they do downright stupid things with firearms; and obviously that guy is a total tool and should probably never be allowed near so much as a cap gun. But I do think it's a fair bit overboard to charge the other people in the vehicle. What are they supposed to do, grab the pistol while that idiot has his finger resting on the trigger?
    How France deals with guns and crime is really none of my concern, unless, of course, I find myself in France. Know the local laws and customs, and obey them.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

"The lovely and talented Pippa Middleton".
    I'm all for asylum for Pippa in the USA.

VIP Member
    I think we have states which will prosecute people in a car if others in that car are found in unlawful possession.

E.g., if the driver has an unlawfully possessed handgun in the console, all in the car will be charged.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    You'll have to excuse me, I'm not politically correct, never have been and don't intend to start now.

I don't care much for the French.
    I do however, have for sale, a WWII French army rifle, in the same condition as most French army rifles...never fired, dropped once.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my feelings...

Famous Quotations About France

"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by prostitutes." —Mark Twain

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." —General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." —Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." —Jacques Chirac, President of France

"As far as France is concerned, you're right." —Rush Limbaugh

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." —Regis Philbin

"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses of whiskey I don't know." —P.J O'Rourke (1989)

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." —John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

"They've taken their own precautions against Al Qaeda. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house." —Argus Hamilton

"The only way the French are going in is if we tell them we found truffles in Iraq." —Dennis Miller

"I would call the French scumbags, but that, of course, would be a disservice to bags filled with scum. I say we invade Iraq, then invade Chirac." —Dennis Miller

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He IS French, people." —Conan O'Brien

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" —Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof,' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." —David Letterman

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb?
    One. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

An old saying: Raise your right hand if you like the French.... Raise both hands if you are French.

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    The US has had a love-hate relationship from the start. We loved them when they fought on our side
    during the Revolutionary War and sent ships to Yorktown to block a British retreat. About 15 years later on,
    half of our population loved them and the other half hated them. Some issues which reared their ugly head
    during Washington's second term and Adam's term almost caused our country to break apart.

Federalists supported the British, and Jeffersonian Republicans (not the same thing as today's) supported the French.
    However, the French engaged in some particularly slimy diplomacy, attempted extortion of bribes to not go to war with us, and and trickery to draw us into their conflict with England. When these acts came to light one of the reactions was the Alien and Sedition Act, which both Adams and Jefferson (political rivals) supported.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

If the French jail Pippa the Brits may have to invade France to get her out.

I'm sure the Royals can take care of the French Police. A little off topic: The French may have been some serious rifle droppers back in the day. But, while in Germany way back in the early 90's, I trained with French, German, and British Infantry troops. The French guys were not slouches. A few guys in my Company, who were high speed-low drag and also former 82nd ABN troops got accepted into a short version of French Commando school---they never made it through the first night. Just sayin'
    wmhawth likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

mel
    Pippa is knockdown gorgeous. I think I see her doing Glock commercials in the near future.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    When in a foreign country, behave.

Sponsored Links