Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs

This is a discussion on Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had my vehicle surrounded by thugs a few days ago, driving to the local IHOP with my wife. There were about ten to fifteen ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs

I had my vehicle surrounded by thugs a few days ago, driving to the local IHOP with my wife. There were about ten to fifteen of them, spread across both lanes of the small back road that leads to the restaraunt. As we drove up some spread out like normal human beings when a vehicle approaches, but one or two belligerants glanced over their shoulders and kept on taking up the road. The "spidery senses" we're definitely raised when we were surrounded and almost at a dead stop when some of the ones now behind my Jeep yelled something to the ones in our way. They finally spread out and we went on our way. I'm guessing they said something about my bumper stickers, starting with my USMC Eagle, Globe and Anchor, Iraq War Vet, Afghanistan War Vet and finally NRA sticker. Maybe bumper stickers aren't all bad!?
    goldshellback and ppkheat like this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    If people don't stand up when things like this happen then they will keep happening. He should have 'pushed' through with the weapon he was in.
    OK now when you plow through kids in front of you what you have is 30 eye witnesses saying nothing happened and you were just made about something and that is true in a way because the action of one or two does not reflect the actions of the mass so what do you do?

Me if I am getting assaulted with rocks I would lay on horn and start moving forward and get out of harm’s way.
    Just for the record in the state of Texas and I can assume in most if not all state IF you are in a group of people that are committing a crime; all of you are equally guilty.

Now the question here is does that law apply here?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    OK now when you plow through kids in front of you what you have is 30 eye witnesses saying nothing happened and you were just made about something and that is true in a way because the action of one or two does not reflect the actions of the mass so what do you do?

Me if I am getting assaulted with rocks I would lay on horn and start moving forward and get out of harm’s way.
    Just for the record in the state of Texas and I can assume in most if not all state IF you are in a group of people that are committing a crime; all of you are equally guilty.

Now the question here is does that law apply here?
    When I said pushed through, I didn't mean slam on the gas, just one or two miles per hour should get people to move from in front of you. You raise a good point about the horn that, that would probably have stopped the attack once the mob realized attention was being drawn.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 19th, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    In this stuation, the pistol will be brought out and "placed" on my dashboard, for all the knuckledraggers to see.

They will scatter like the street urchins they are, and I will go about my business.

How would somebody be brought up on charges by presenting/possibly shooting the thugs who are obviously attacking with disparity of force behind them???
    Please explain. I know state laws vary, but in general, IMHO the DFTriangle would most certainly be here, as they have the ability, the opportunity and the disparity of force that says you are in jeopardy.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

the pistol will be brought out and "placed" on my dashboard, for all the knuckledraggers to see.
    I don't see anyone or maybe a few seeing the firearm. I believe most of them would go into a mob like frenzy and start the attack because they could without retribution for their actions. the mentality is who is going to see "me " in a mob of people and considering most don't have parents that can held responsible so to me the obvious is to push through and get to safety and involve the police and get them on your side. After all the courts (and that is where this will end up in) love paperwork

VIP Member
    The police say don't take the law into ur wn hands, but by the time they get there probably no criminals can be found so who s paying for the damage? Guess who.....but if u the victum did fight back then ur the criminal.....what a mess.....Everything will always turn into a lawyers game in the end, that's how they keep the sheep and sheepdogs right where they want them.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    This type thing won't happen to this ole boy at McDonald's. I don't darken their doors.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    SCGunLover1

I just have a gut feeling we are going to see more of these type of events happen before we see any significant change in society as a whole.

And it is a very bad and scary situation to be in. For the following reasons. If you are set upon by a mob while trapped in your vehicle, and the mob starts pelting your car with rocks, you have little choice but to drive through and get out of the kill zone. If you stay there afraid to drive off and they have already commenced to throwing rocks at you, it's probably a foregone conclusion it is going to get worse.

No doubt the mob mentality will be whipped up into further aggressive acts and before you know it, they are attempting to pull you out of your vehicle.

So what do you do? We all know the song and dance of disparity of force, mob mentality, blah, blah, blah. Yes, you would be justified in getting away and if anyone gets hit, or run over, or crippled or killed, it should be justified. Right? But what do we have in today's political climate, coupled with a sensationalistic and ultra left leaning media? It's a rhetorical question, but something to be considered.

Things could really get ugly for you very quick in the aftermath. You get a media accusing racism, mobs of family claiming the choirboys were minding their own business and you have a local prosecutor who is willing to sacrifice your butt just to keep a lid on the explosive situation brewing in his community.

So, my advice is to pay real close attention to where you are going, what you are doing and what is going on around you. The best thing is going to avoid being caught in a situation like that at all costs. People should start paying attention to the news and what's going on in their community and where the hot spots are. Maybe you shouldn't go to that restaurant with your wife because in the last two or three weeks they've been having flash mobs crop up and cause problems in the immediate area. Use some intelligence and common sense when it comes to avoiding trouble areas. If you see a group of thuggish looking people congregating two blocks down the road, turn at the next intersection and don't even drive by them. Get out of the area before you reach the point of no return. It's much easier to take a left at the next street than to drive by the intersection and get jammed up by a group of thugs starting to menace you after you've already driven past the last intersection.

Ultimately, if you are trapped in a situation like that, you're not going to just sit there and let them drag you out of your car and stomp you to death. You're going to have to suck it up and do what you need to do to save your life. Either by driving through them, or going to the gun, if that's the only way out. But it is going to be best if you have an opportunity to avoid the situation, then do so. Don't get caught not paying attention to what's going on around you.

Also, what is the best time to start running over people? How long do you sit there honking your horn before getting out of there? These are serious questions which can help establish your defense. If they are throwing rocks. Maybe you can stick around long enough for them to do some obvious damage to your vehicle. Especially if they are breaking out side windows of your car. Hopefully you'll have enough forensic evidence that they were the aggressors based on the damage done to your car.

Anyways. It's always going to be a crap shoot as to what's going to happen. So having a plan beforehand will help. I just don't like what I'm seeing on the horizon as we get closer to the elections. It's ridiculous to think that racism isn't going to raise it's ugly head the closer we get. And from what I can see.... Most if it is going to be from the media, whipping up the frenzy and creating racism where it doesn't exist. JMHO. We'll see how it plays out.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Simple solution:

1. Aim car to escape.
    2. Jump into back seat to hide from yutes.
    3. You did forget to put the gear in park, right?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I would not leave the short-term safety of a 3500lb weapon, I'm going to start out slowly, and I'm not stopping...my continued speed would be determined by 'incoming'.
    goldshellback likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Barkin has hit the bullseye square in the middle. The article puts "alleged" attack by a mob of youths. They won't print the truth that a group of ravening young human wolves attacked a couple.....

Who had the RIGHT to be there no matter what age, race, gender or other.

Has it come to the point we need to ask "permission" of the pack to go to places? Isn't this a "factor" in the recent Florida event? The deceased person in the words of others had that right and was denied by getting killed.

I truly hate the bias of the media as of late, and it is no wonder decent, law abiding folks want to arm themselves to the teeth and shoot anything remotely agressive towards them.

It will be the media and that bias who will whip up the frenzy of hatred if a certain person gets an acquittal. By the injection of racism into anything, these "news" outlets will no doubt be a contributing factor to mob mentality.

No offense to anyone, but it just seems that way to me.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I just have a gut feeling we are going to see more of these type of events happen before we see any significant change in society as a whole.

And it is a very bad and scary situation to be in. For the following reasons. If you are set upon by a mob while trapped in your vehicle, and the mob starts pelting your car with rocks, you have little choice but to drive through and get out of the kill zone. If you stay there afraid to drive off and they have already commenced to throwing rocks at you, it's probably a foregone conclusion it is going to get worse.
    I have 2 words for ya................. Reginald Denny

reginald denny video - Bing Videos

I seem to be unable to find video of the actual brick throw; driving a BIG truck and stopped for the mob in the street, nopr not me!!
    Bark'n likes this.

I can certainly agree with Bark'n's post... with one caveat...

Sometimes there's no intel to be gathered. No reports of flash mobs (good or bad kind), restaurant not in a "bad" neighborhood ("urban" to be sure, but not "bad").

This mob of youths were all juvies... around 14. If they were all in the restaurant and you saw them through the window as you drove in, you might have mistaken them for a group from the local Boys and Girls club of America on an outing.

He's certainly right about how one who tried to go through the mob would be portrayed in today's press... And he's right about the need for some forensic evidence available that you were the one under attack.

Roll up the windows, lock the doors... CALL911... If you decide to drive through 'em, it better be really slow.

At 5pm, it might be tough for any of the little critters to see that you have brought out the gun and placed it on the dash... Tinted windows or not, it's hard to see in from light to dark unless you're close or the sun is shining into the windshield/windows lighting up the passenger compartment.

Rolling over them... slowly... that's the plan... here's the headline:

Impatient Cracker Mows Down AME Church Kids

Better plan on leaving town after you defend yourself... no easy answers...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Impatient Cracker Mows Down AME Church Kids
    Haha that reads like a headline from the Onion (fake comical news site), but still believable as a CNN headline.
    Spade115 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Be sure to get video of the flash mob before hitting the gas!! Check out a recent thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car- for a similar incident (juvines that are acting crazy but without deadly force). I had to delete old footage off of my iPhone so I had memory available should something like this happen. Video footage of an incident like this is priceless and could literally save you thousands of dollars in court or jail time. YMMV, but I'm keeping the record button near!
    Bark'n likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links