Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs

This is a discussion on Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In a recent discussion of self defense and the need for SYG law in Iowa; in the letters to the editor section of our local ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bad: Bloodthirsty ravening mobs

In a recent discussion of self defense and the need for SYG law in Iowa; in the letters to the editor section of our local paper (The Cedar Rapids Gazette), I was accused of "ranting about ravening mobs of bloodthirsty, mindless thugs belongs in a low-budget zombie apocalypse movie, not a responsible discussion of public law."

Seems I was somewhat a psychic... What should appear in the state capital's paper, but this little gem:

Juvenile horde allegedly attacks, robs couple leaving Des Moines McDonald’s

Now, in this case, I wouldn't have gone for the gun... I think there might have been a few new, but temporary, speed bumps in Mickey Dees driveway... once the rocks came out... I'da just gotten into the car... and pressed the go pedal...
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 19th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

this is a hard one but I do agree with you that when the rocks start coming get in the car and plow the driveway
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 19th, 2012 at 10:26 PM.

I personally have had someone stand infront of my truck (Mind you I am in Tx and drive a F150 Supercrew 4x4) I will honk if I have to open my door im going to use some colorful words and if you dont move I will move you myself or with truck. Most people get out of the way once I honk and rev my 8.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    If they think the only place roving hordes belong is a zombie movie, they are sadly naive. All they need to do is look for news stories from Catrina. Wait for any disaster on a large enough scale. Anything that prevents food transportation would cause mass riots and roving hordes. What is it they say? We are only 3 days from starvation and riots at any given time.

But I'm sure the people who said you were a ranting lunatic will also say that this was an isolated incident, right?
    Walk softly ...

I once had a GF stand behind my car to keep me from leaving.....cops told me all I could do was wait till she let me leave, otherwise it would be assault if I tried to move her with my car.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I once had a GF stand behind my car to keep me from leaving.....cops told me all I could do was wait till she let me leave, otherwise it would be assault if I tried to move her with my car.
    Was she hitting you with rocks, as was reported in this article?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is a hard one

If people don't stand up when things like this happen then they will keep happening. He should have 'pushed' through with the weapon he was in.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 19th, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Spade115, mano3, oneshot and 1 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

In Tx I would be calling 911 as my 1911 comes up and takes a bead on the next Idiot that starts winding up waiting for the forward motion,once I shoot one threat the rest will crap themselves trying to run away,a ROCK is a deadly weapon,I can't run and dodge,I will defend myself from a deadly attack
    Spade115, msgt/ret and mook012 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Aw shucks, it was only an alleged attack and alleged robbery. Guess the woman threw her purse minus all the electronic stuff and money away to frame those innocent little children who were just out for a big mac and fries.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Should have never gotten out of their car with that many kids. Throwing rocks=assault=push those kids out of the way with your car and call the cops.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I kind of think we will be seeing more of this type of "incident". Flash mobbing be it for entertainment or in this case, robbery is the new wave. it's hard to defeat a large number unless you got an "equalizer."

Of couse if the guy had been armed and made a few of the attackers take "early eternal retirement" then he would have been in a world of hurt for attacking a group of kids just out for some fun.

I love some of the Face Book comments on the article. One guy, a "lawyer" says the group will be caught and severely punished.

Yeah, right. I got ocean front property in Kansas too. More than likely these little pukes will be encouraged by not getting in trouble, to repeat the process untill some good ol boy they choose to attack, renders some of them dead during one of these episodes.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Yeah, right. I got ocean front property in Kansas too. More than likely these little pukes will be encouraged by not getting in trouble, to repeat the process untill some good ol boy they choose to attack, renders some of them dead during one of these episodes.
    Exactly, and then he will be the only one facing charges for defending himself. Our legal system is (fill in) ___ed.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Hahahaha!!!! They stole a kindle!!! Once they figure out "demz jus books" on there they are going to be pissed!
    mano3, MisterAvis and scgunlover1 like this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Hahahaha!!!! They stole a kindle!!! Once they figure out "demz jus books" on there they are going to be pissed!
    Nah, they'll sell it for big mac money.
    John123 and goldshellback like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

First off, I see a 'mob', and the 'mob-mentality' will ripple through them like a nuclear reaction............

I fully agree that 'moving' someone with your vehicle is assult. I also completly agree that rocks being thrown by the 'mob' is assult by force by the 'mob' as a whole. I'd met that force with the force of my vehicle....... and NOT gotten out of the vehicle under ANY circumstance!

It's gonna be a long, hot summer............
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links