Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man

This is a discussion on Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure I agree with charging the LEO in this case. It really seems to be justified & the LEO didn't hurt any innocent bystanders. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man

Not sure I agree with charging the LEO in this case. It really seems to be justified & the LEO didn't hurt any innocent bystanders.

Amazing that this LEO will be charged for this when there really was a threat but somewhere else another shoots a unarmed innocent victim but says he thought there was a threat he get off.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    "Cousin says charge will please family" - Another appeasement Prosecution.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    It would appear that this officer is being charged to avoid a conflict like the one going on in FL....IMO
    I agree and it is a sad state of affairs. If people are going to be held "guilty" because of the age of the criminal and not the crimes...it is going to be miscarriage of justice. I have seen horrible, senseless crimes committed by teen aged people. I ran a call once that a 14 year old stabbed his mother over 40 times for asking him to take the trash out. When we got there he was calm and feeding his hamster. When asked why he did it, he said, "She pissed me off".

This is another case of waiting to see the evidence and what the courts decide.

I would not want to see the fact that the criminal is under 21 being the main factor in charges being filed.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links