Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man

This is a discussion on Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Del City police captain charged with manslaughter in 18-year-old's death | NewsOK.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Police Captain charged with manslaughter of 18 yr old wild man

The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    what is a wildman
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    I am unfamiliar with OK law but here in North Carolina you can be justified in shooting a fleeing felon if it is to prevent a further felony. In this case it may be justified in preventing Scott from carjacking and continuing his flight.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This will be one to keep an eye on. Car chase, could have tried to force officer off the road (Felony Assault w/vehicle), struggle with gun, disarmed, but may have tried to shoot the officer prior to being disarmed (Felony - attempted murder). In Delaware, you can use deadly force to prevent the escape of a felon. If any of these were present, it would be a good shoot here. I'm not saying that he would have been shot here, just that it could be justified.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Read what all the 18 year old did and u will know then what a wild man is....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I'd almost feel sorry for the 18 year old if he didn't have a gun... (assuming he didn't almost hit the police car on accident)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Read what all the 18 year old did and u will know then what a wild man is....
    Heck, put it up there...
    Gunshot wound in the back killed Del City man, medical examiner says | NewsOK.com
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

This happened just a few miles from here. I've been watching this develop from the first day.

In the initial news reports, the officers had had previous experiences with this young man. He did have a criminal history, although I don't have specifics. It was mentioned in a news report on local TV.

Comment by his Cousin is priceless "He had his whole life ahead of him" You mean a life of crime,good thing he got put down early before he continued to be a bigger burden on society
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe its just me or the way we think in Tx, But....

If he has a criminal history at 18 and is fleeing, trying to hit an officer headon and in posession of a firearm (illegaly obviously) Unless he finds a good reason to change he more then likely wont.

I agree Its good he got taken out but this happens often where the officer will shoot the perp so he dosnt carjack or take someone hostage down the way from where he's running.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

It would appear that this officer is being charged to avoid a conflict like the one going on in FL....IMO
    Spade115 and Spirit51 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Best way to avoid getting shot in the back by a police officer? Don't be a felon committing felonies while armed and fighting/attacking a police officer. He may have had a 'full life ahead of him', but all indications and history point to a life of repetitive violent crime.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I love how he fought with the officer over a gun, and then everyone in the media just assumes that once the gun is gone, he is no longer a threat, and could not possibly have another weapon hidden on him or do any more harm. How is this even a contraversy? Criminal attacks cop, pulls gun and fights with him, fights through a taser without stopping, tries to run away to continue performing evil/illegal acts, and is stopped by the officer.

Why is he being arrested? Oh yeah, because he's white. Sound like prosecutorial descimination to me.
    Walk softly ...

I'm sure the family will be overjoyed knowing that justice has been served in memory of Dane Scott Jr., cousin Tanesha Goodman said. He had a full life ahead of him, and that was taken away in an unjust manner.
    of what stealing and robbing ?
    if the family wrote it it would have said; "OK looses one of it's finest citizens; gunned down in his prime. he was a good boy!"
    news update; the trayvon hoodie he had on will be washed and saved for other family members

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I'm sure the family will be overjoyed knowing that justice has been served in memory of Dane Scott Jr.,” cousin Tanesha Goodman said. “He had a full life ahead of him, and that was taken away in an unjust manner.”
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    of what stealing and robbing ?
    Don't forget, while carrying a firearm...

I'm sure that the family would never admit it if ever there were a just manner in which he could've died - during the commission of a crime.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links