Suspect killed after Smyrna standoff (involves ccw) - Page 2

Suspect killed after Smyrna standoff (involves ccw)

This is a discussion on Suspect killed after Smyrna standoff (involves ccw) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by rvacoastie But now, give me a break guys. A human being was killed today. Someone that had a mother and a father. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspect killed after Smyrna standoff (involves ccw)

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie View Post
    But now, give me a break guys. A human being was killed today. Someone that had a mother and a father. There will be people mourning his death.
    Every society has human beings. Every society has parasites. This person was not the former. The extent to which I identify with such people is that we both have two legs and breathe. That's where it ends.

The Sixth Commandment: Thou shalt not murder. This man sought to rob a woman, carjack a family and take out police officers ... by murder if need be. He was stopped and others are alive because of it. Lives were spared, because of it. He sought to feed off the lives of others and was removed accordingly.

While it may be a time to give a nod to the perp's family to acknowledge their pain, that same nod must acknowledge the severe and pointless trauma he dealt to everyone around him. There will now be a host of people who were force-fed a dose of reality. A host of innocents who must live with the stress, fear and memory of this parasite's actions for a lifetime.

I hate to think what this has caused in the minds of the woman who was assaulted, the children who were nearly carjacked, the children in the schools nearby who were impacted, or what everyone within 50mi must now think of their reduced safety and the depths to which their "neighbors" are prepared to sink.

He's had his 15mins of fame. That is far too much. I do not revel in this parasite's death. Rather I revel in the life granted to those who were put at grave risk, those who now have a chance at life. Let everyone sleep easier, that he's no longer putting them at risk, that this parasite is now removed. While regrettable that his riddance required involvement of anyone, it's a good riddance. Damn straight.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; September 6th, 2006 at 07:47 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I could care less about that guy and his mother or wife or whatever...Who knows what would have happened to those kids if he got the Suburban...Do you think he planned on taking them to McDonalds?..He deserved what he got, one less dumba55 we gotta worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post
    If that's enough to turn your sensitivity button on, I guess maybe you and I live in different worlds.

Hell, he deserved to die. Thieves, robbers, rapists. They prey on the innocent. Most would willingly kill you or anyone else in order to continue their lives of crime and evil. You mourn, I'm gonna hoist another beer and hope another one gets his ass shot off tomorrow.
    +1 Vanilla_Gorilla hit it right on. When some BG chooses to put innocent people at risk and actively resist in the form of pointing weapons at the PD he needs to be taken out before anyone gets hurt.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

You guys love to polarize every issue. Sure this guy was a lowlife...sure he put other peoples lives in danger. You can be sure that I'm not mourning his death. At the same time all human life is precious. To cheer someones death, someone you don't know and are only judging from the context of this story is both rash and ignorant.

Assistant Administrator
    OK folks! We have to agree to disagree on some aspects of a BG's demise - so let's let that part go to sleep now
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie View Post
    You guys love to polarize every issue. Sure this guy was a lowlife...sure he put other peoples lives in danger. You can be sure that I'm not mourning his death. At the same time all human life is precious. To cheer someones death, someone you don't know and are only judging from the context of this story is both rash and ignorant.
    No offense intended, and perhaps you are correct, but would you say the same thing about say... Hitler, Milosevic, Ghengis Khan...? I am by no means trying to lessen their attrocities by comparing them to this particular man, but all are typically judged from a story or more specifically history, so what's the difference? Would you say Hitler's life was precious; What about Milosevic? Not all life is precious and to believe that it is, is the same as sticking your head in the sand in an attempt to hide from a hurricane. It's kind of pointless. Whether you choose to believe there's evil or not, it can still kick you in the hind-quarters.

Sorry P95 - didn't see your post before I replied. You may strike my post down at will.

What you just did is called godwinning the issue...:)

Assistant Administrator
    I think the simplest move is to let the thread close now - as it has had plenty of input.

Thx for the contributions.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links