Bad: Carpool(?) robbery

This is a discussion on Bad: Carpool(?) robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Early morning, on the way to work (a reasonable guess). Victim is waiting outside her friend's home. Man slides in passenger seat with a gun... ...

Thread: Bad: Carpool(?) robbery

Bad: Carpool(?) robbery

Early morning, on the way to work (a reasonable guess). Victim is waiting outside her friend's home. Man slides in passenger seat with a gun... Friend comes out of the house... Thug one and his accomplice accompany both ladies to the house, have them lay down, and leave.

Story here
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Ladies are very lucky!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    One reason why I do not leave my car doors unlocked unless leaving or entering. They are locked at all other times, anywhere I am. I have gotten my wife and kids into that habit as well. It would appear that she may not have had good SA as well but not much you can do when confronted by a BG with a gun, unless you are ready for them.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I had a hooker try to get in my car once when I was driving the car pool. While I was waiting for a friend to lock the front door and get in my car she walked up, opened the passenger door and started to get in. I told her to get out, buzz off. She was shocked and stood frozen for a second or two confused.
    She said she saw me pull over to the curb in front of her as she was walking. She then saw me reach over and unlock the passenger door and she assumed I wanted to pick her up. She was wrong.

The moral of the story is that, even though she was walking down the sidewalk in plain sight, I never saw her until she had my door open and was getting in. I was completely focused in on my buddy locking the door and not on anything else around me.

I can see how in many cases a BG could just walk right up, open the door and hop in. Most people aren't looking for the unexpected.

These girls are lucky to be alive!
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Wow those girls are blessed that they only wanted the car,
    On the way home from the hospital tonight my friend ran into the store for me to get some things since I'm gonna be laid up.he left the truck running and doors unlocked,I was unarmed since my little incident.I locked the doors and really wish I had him run by my house and grab M&P45c just to be safe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Yikes.
    They are fortunate this was not in Detroit, chances of them dirtnapping would be very great about now.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    20ish....black....hoodie....

"how did he get out of Florida" or "Obama sure has lots of children"

tune in next week when this news will be forgotten and new travesties reported.

-------------

SA don't stop when you ( or the car) does.

we may not approve of some people's profession; crookism
    but that does not mean they are stupid. many in fact, well,...many among those that survive their youth--
    become successful politicians like two mayers of Hartford were Captains in the gangs of the late 1980's.
    sadly they could not put away their theivin ways and were both thrown out of office. one for a free hot-tub and the other was a free kitchen addition

--learn to steal one on one and than go into poltics where you can steal from them all at once...or be a lawyer i suppose
    ....ain't America great!!
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links