Bank of America no longer wants McMillan Firearms Company's business

This is a discussion on Bank of America no longer wants McMillan Firearms Company's business within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this, but I thought others might want to be aware of this. bank of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bank of America no longer wants McMillan Firearms Company's business

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate area to post this, but I thought others might want to be aware of this.

bank of america | mcmillan | antigun organizations | The Daily Caller

I saw this on the NRA's Facebook feed and also on NPR so this story is getting around. I am pretty sure this is going to come back and bite B of A in the butt big time!
    http://www.gunmerchantaccount.com
    Firearms Dealer Merchant Services

McMillan should not look back, pure good fortune to out of BOA...BoA books are a complete shaam...check out thier stock price YoY... truely could be the sickest of the To Big To Fail banks... could this be a move by BoA to "clean up " its commercial book ???...please keep in mind that BoA moved ALL of its failed derivitive "book" (50+ trillion)from thier failed bank holding company to the NA orginazation...who is "calling" McMillians credit lines...when these crooks fall "we" end up paying for all the bad mortgages and fraud/and bonuses, because BoA was allowed to transfere these "assets"....thievery on a grand grand scale....

McMillan is considering no longer using Bank of America credit cards. I'm not sure how many people shop McMillan with those, but 3% on most of their products adds up when you think about it, and none of that will go in BoA's pockets.

VIP Member
    Honestly, I think McMillan is sounding a bit like a angry child. I understand not being happy with BofA and saying it out loud. Not letting your customers pay with their choice of credit is just plain stupid. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    suntzu and suntzu like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I think everyone who is Pro-2A should boycott Bank of America. They want to be anti. Make sure when you close your account (if you have one, and choose to close it), to let them know just why you are leaving them.
    stancehold likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Honestly, I think McMillan is sounding a bit like a angry child. I understand not being happy with BofA and saying it out loud. Not letting your customers pay with their choice of credit is just plain stupid. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Many business owners only accept certain credit cards or terms. I can see their position of not wanting BofA to benefit from their business sales since they no longer want their business. It makes sense to me. I'm sure other funding sources or cash are still acceptable if they decide to leave BofA our of their accepted credit cards.

I believe I would do the same if I were in their position.
    Beans likes this.

I will no longer do business with them

Senior Moderator
    I dropped them like a hot rock many years ago.

They are out of touch with reality. They acted like they were the only bank in existence...they arent. Many other banks offer MUCH better deals than they do.
    Besides that, I got tired of dealing with people that had foreign accents and were hard to understand.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I closed my accounts with them and moved them to our small town credit union, best thing I ever did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NH_Esau and stancehold like this.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    In the mist of recent bank bailouts and the economy still not in the best of shape. I think it's just bad business, Im sure some other bank will be happy to get McMillans business.

Is BoA still giving out free credit cards to Illegal Aliens? I believe they are. That is killing our economy by giving sanctuary and support to people who break the law.

I get BoA credit card apps all the time. I ALWAYS mail them back their empty postage paid envelope. Just doing my part to help break them, one postage stamp at a time.
    atctimmy, tkruf, Chevy-SS and 1 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Is BoA still giving out free credit cards to Illegal Aliens? I believe they are. That is killing our economy by giving sanctuary and support to people who break the law.
    Yes for them it is known as Banco de Amigo.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Yes for them it is known as Banco de Amigo.
    I see you listen to the EIB network as well.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Just sent this to several people. They all will be closing their accounts next week.
    tkruf likes this.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links