odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban

This is a discussion on odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah and lets ban zoot suits, leather jackets, bandanas baggy pants... heck lets just ban clothes altogether! That ought to solve the problem....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban

Yeah and lets ban zoot suits, leather jackets, bandanas baggy pants... heck lets just ban clothes altogether!

That ought to solve the problem.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

2. Remove Ads

Why dont we just ban people. Everything would go away....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Just how am I supposed to 'Mob Shop' without my hoodie?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

mayor pushes for hoodie ban
    I want a ban on cowboy boots with mini skirts for overweight girls.
    barstoolguru and shooterX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I want a ban on cowboy boots with mini skirts for overweight girls.
    it should be a law that you can't wear any skirt if you have cankles
    Inspector71 likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    it should be a law that you can't wear any skirt if you have cankles
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I can see it now. Special hoodie and baseball cap unit task force.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I can see it now. Special hoodie and baseball cap unit task force.
    Don't forget getting a permit with a required 40 hours of instruction from a NHBBCA (National Hoodie and BaseBall Cap Association) instructor.
    sid1 likes this.

This is what has become of our society. Where did baggy pants down to your knees come from anyway? You know, used to be people were raised up and taught morals by their parents. They were taught how to dress appropriately, and to take your hat off when you go inside (especially at the dinner table). Seems anymore, nobody has any morals like in the old days, walking around with their pants hanging down, and going into (even nice) restaurants and sitting down to eat with their hat on.

I'm not saying the Mayor is right by any means. I'm not even approving of what he's proposing. I'm just saying, in general our society doesn't have the morals they used to be taught. If they did, this wouldn't be a problem.

Just a side note.. even our Military, while in uniform, hat on outside, hat off inside.

Too bad society has went the way it has with the way people dress these days (specifically pants hanging down . . . . both black and white.. not just one or the other... nothing racist about it), that is why they make belts, and pants in different sizes.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    This is what has become of our society. Where did baggy pants down to your knees come from anyway? You know, used to be people were raised up and taught morals by their parents. They were taught how to dress appropriately, and to take your hat off when you go inside (especially at the dinner table). Seems anymore, nobody has any morals like in the old days, walking around with their pants hanging down, and going into (even nice) restaurants and sitting down to eat with their hat on.

I'm not saying the Mayor is right by any means. I'm not even approving of what he's proposing. I'm just saying, in general our society doesn't have the morals they used to be taught. If they did, this wouldn't be a problem.

Just a side note.. even our Military, while in uniform, hat on outside, hat off inside.

Too bad society has went the way it has with the way people dress these days (specifically pants hanging down . . . . both black and white.. not just one or the other... nothing racist about it), that is why they make belts, and pants in different sizes.
    Sorry to disagree with you. Seems I remember my grand parents telling stories about how my dad dressed in the 50's and 60's. Not to mention the evil dancing introduced by Elvis and then the Beatles. Parents of kids in the 60's and 70's didn't approve of the loose dress and anything goes sex and drugs in those decades. And from history and reading about American culture the roaring 20's were pretty darn loose with dress and loose morals. Just saying....this ain't nothing new. And the article is about hoodies and baseball caps, not droopy pants. I watch movies and see documentries all of the time with guys wearing hats in resteraunts. Besides, fashions DO change all the time. How far back in time should we go to find the "correct" style? Which looks better?
    dress1.jpgdress2.jpg
    JDE101 likes this.

As Milton Friedman said, "The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem."

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you. Seems I remember my grand parents telling stories about how my dad dressed in the 50's and 60's. Not to mention the evil dancing introduced by Elvis and then the Beatles. Parents of kids in the 60's and 70's didn't approve of the loose dress and anything goes sex and drugs in those decades. And from history and reading about American culture the roaring 20's were pretty darn loose with dress and loose morals. Just saying....this ain't nothing new. And the article is about hoodies and baseball caps, not droopy pants. I watch movies and see documentries all of the time with guys wearing hats in resteraunts. Besides, fashions DO change all the time. How far back in time should we go to find the "correct" style? Which looks better?
    dress1.jpgdress2.jpg
    What scars me, it that you found the picture on the left....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

OMG!! Just when I think I have seen the height of stupidity...some idiot raises it a few more yards.

This "hoodie" stuff is just a excuse. That incident has nothing to do with hoodies. I just saw the eldery ladies who walk every day around the block wearing hoodies. I saw a baby in a stroller wearing a cute pink hoodie. My 10 year old grand daughter has at least two. My husband bought me a Budwiester hoodie when he went to a continuing education class in St. Louis. He has at least one. Name me a person who DOESN'T own at least one.

I won't even touch the subject of baseball caps (of which the hubby and I have several cases of them).

Don't the "officials" who propose this crap know how stupid they actually look?

Why don't they address the crimes and not try this dress code stuff as a band aid for actual problems.
    No wait...that would make too much sense.
    oneshot, msgt/ret and JDE101 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    If I'm gonna rob you I'd better remember to take my cap off before I come in the store so the camera can get a good shot of me. Yeah, that sounds like a no brainer. What next, a national dress code? Another stupid law means another right lost. You can't criminal proof society no matter how many dumb laws you dream up.

^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Can you imagine the outrage if they banned nylon stockings, so the crooks couldn't use them over their heads???
    Especially the ones with the line running up the back???

Now if you'll excuse me, i've gotta go find Mrs. oneshot,,,,,,
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

On ball caps, how about an exception if the bill is correctly aligned with the face?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links