odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban - Page 3

odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban

This is a discussion on odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by wmhawth I want a ban on cowboy boots with mini skirts for overweight girls. I thought cowboys liked fat calves....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: odd/good I think ...mayor pushes for hoodie ban

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I want a ban on cowboy boots with mini skirts for overweight girls.
    I thought cowboys liked fat calves.
    Badey likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I don't see this going anywhere, you can't regulate how someone dresses, no matter how much you dislike it!

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Where did baggy pants down to your knees come from anyway?
    As I understand this began in prison as a signal for being "available". Bet they'd pull their pants up quick if they nknew!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Maybe they should ban Skittles too.

Anyways, it's not the hoodie that's the problem. It's what's in the hoodie that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    This is what has become of our society. Where did baggy pants down to your knees come from anyway? You know, used to be people were raised up and taught morals by their parents. They were taught how to dress appropriately, and to take your hat off when you go inside (especially at the dinner table). Seems anymore, nobody has any morals like in the old days, walking around with their pants hanging down, and going into (even nice) restaurants and sitting down to eat with their hat on.

I'm not saying the Mayor is right by any means. I'm not even approving of what he's proposing. I'm just saying, in general our society doesn't have the morals they used to be taught. If they did, this wouldn't be a problem.

Just a side note.. even our Military, while in uniform, hat on outside, hat off inside.

Too bad society has went the way it has with the way people dress these days (specifically pants hanging down . . . . both black and white.. not just one or the other... nothing racist about it), that is why they make belts, and pants in different sizes.
    How does this have anything to do with morals? I guess one could contend that there is a right and wrong way to dress, but morality seems to be a bit deeper than that. Kant and Mill never talked much about a dress code.

The military has all sorts of customs and courtesies that don't exist in the civilian world. I don't think they have anything to do with morality.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I don't see that flying anywhere.
    Are you sure?
    Albany, Georgia is raking in the dough by fining people who violate the city's saggy pants ban.
    Government Ban On Biker Colors In Bars !
    The Albany Herald reports that in the past 9 months, the city has issued 187 saggy pants citations and collected $3,916.49 in fines. The ordinance bans anyone from wearing pants or skirts more than three inches below the tops of the hips which expose bare skin or underwear.
    Saggy Pants Fines Bring City $3,916.49 - The Consumerist
    There is a new law in Virginia that will ban Motorcycle Club Colors in Bars. The law, originally aimed at Street Gangs, is causing quite a stir with Virginia Bikers. The law states that Bar & Restaurant owners will lose their liquor license if they allow patrons who wear "gang" related attire such as Club Logo's or Colored Bandannas.
    Seems Government won't be satisfied until we are all wearing identical jump suits and praising our dear leaders.

Michael

Can we ban stupid Mayors??
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    A hoodie ban is just stupid.

I like wearing hoodies; they are great for cool days when you just need something on your head going in & out of places.
    The front pocket on hoodies is good for breaking any outline for my usual appendix carry.
    However, I don't wear the hood inside Wal-Mart or other stores, nor do I wear it outside on 70 degree days.

Hoodies are like underwear, both are useful pieces clothing; problem is some people will try to screw up anything.

I'm not inclined whatsoever to display several inches of my underwear for everyones viewing pleasure.

Don't ban hoodies or underwear just because some of the less competent don't use them appropriately.
    stancehold likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Actually, a temperature mark is only good for certain regions.

My brother and his wife are freezing when the temperature gets fown to 70. They are just moving out of the Phoenix area this week though. They can't take even remotely cold temps at this time. They are wearing hoodies or sweatshirts at 70 degrees. So is most of the Phoenix area.

I get pegged as a northerner at Christmas time down there. I'm walking around in a t-shirt smiling and loving the 50-70 temps while they are freezing.

As with many things, temperature is relative to the person. General bans on a certain item make as much sense as assumptions do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links