Bad - Pastor's Mother Killed in Church Shooting

This is a discussion on Bad - Pastor's Mother Killed in Church Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is why I carry in church (I'm allowed in PA) Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 4 Post By Grantspastor

Thread: Bad - Pastor's Mother Killed in Church Shooting

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    IMHO if anyone in a church should be carrying it's the pastor...since he's looking at the entrance the entire time he's up front. That's not to say they all believe in carrying one though.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I am interested to hear the details on this one. On the radio this morning they were saying the drummer called her outside before she was shot, but perhaps I did not hear it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    IMHO if anyone in a church should be carrying it's the pastor...since he's looking at the entrance the entire time he's up front. That's not to say they all believe in carrying one though.
    I am on stage at the front of the church alongside the Pastor; from there I have a vantage point of the multiple entrances and also can see if one of the congregants has a medical emergency.

I'm always armed in church and sit near the back where I can see all who come and go.
    I sometimes think about what I would do...so many people around, it would be very dangerous to try and do something.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My backstop as pastor is several hundred people.
    Any miss on my part results in VERY bad consequences.
    I will have to rely on others, or make sure I NEVER miss.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

This one does

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    My backstop as pastor is several hundred people.
    Any miss on my part results in VERY bad consequences.
    I will have to rely on others, or make sure I NEVER miss.
    While there may be a lot of situations where it would be better to hold fire than to shoot, why not carry just in case. Isn't that why we all carry, just in case?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

While there may be a lot of situations where it would be better to hold fire than to shoot, why not carry just in case. Isn't that why we all carry, just in case?
    I have struggled with this very thing. It is just such a bad situation to be in.
    Killing or wounding a worshiper would be such bad ju-ju (sorry to throw around the theological lingo! ;-p. )
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Links